Flora of Uttarakhand- Herb7 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2010, 12:28:34 AM11/15/10
to efloraofindia

Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb7 I2 IMG_4893.jpg
Herb7 I IMG_4893.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2010, 12:44:26 AM11/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Bergenia stracheyi

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 15, 2010, 12:47:49 AM11/15/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

I think this is Polygonum affine (=Bistorta affinis).

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 15, 2:44 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bergenia stracheyi
>
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around
> > 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> > for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1420 members &

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 15, 2010, 12:52:09 AM11/15/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Again Bistorta!!
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Nov 15, 2010, 1:15:44 AM11/15/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
I think this looks bit different from the other plant as it is juvenile
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2010, 10:56:53 AM11/15/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
This is what is known as getting clean bowled. Thanks Ritesh ji for correcting me.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Nov 15, 2010, 7:21:55 PM11/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Oh yes!!

I am delighted to take Tendulkar's wicket.

Best regards,
Ritesh.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2010, 9:25:20 PM11/15/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Honour to be getting bowled by Kapil Dev

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 15, 2010, 9:49:23 PM11/15/10
to efloraofindia
Oh my god!! Its an honor for me sir! I'm just a beginner.

Shall keep on trying.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 16, 11:25 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honour to be getting bowled by Kapil Dev
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <
>
> ritesh....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh yes!!
>
> > I am delighted to take Tendulkar's wicket.
>
> > Best regards,
> > Ritesh.
>
> > On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> This is what is known as getting clean bowled. Thanks Ritesh ji for
> >> correcting me.
>
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/<http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 16, 2010, 1:54:32 PM11/16/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Polygonum affine D.Don Prodr. Fl. Nepal. 70. 1825
Synonym: Bistorta affinis (D.Don) Greene Leafl. Bot. Observ. Crit. i. 21. 1903

Regards
Pankaj