Flora of Mississippi, USA-007

Vijayasankar

May 15, 2011, 4:28:05 PM5/15/11
to indiatreepix
Cardamine hirsuta ?, an annual weed in disturbed forests.
ID confirmation requested.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Cardamine hirsuta (1).jpg
Cardamine hirsuta (2).jpg
Cardamine hirsuta (6).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 15, 2011, 9:34:51 PM5/15/11
to Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Yes Vijayasankar ji
Common in Himalayas also. C. flexuosa is a more common one here is spreasing in Delhi also.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Vijayasankar

May 16, 2011, 12:04:39 AM5/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiatreepix
Thanks Gurcharan ji, for confirming the id.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Ushadi micromini

May 18, 2011, 8:02:19 AM5/18/11
to Vijayasankar, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Dr Raman: your entire series is nice... does this weed taste remotely
like garlic, at all?
Usha di

=====

On May 16, 9:04 am, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gurcharan ji, for confirming the id.
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Vijayasankar ji
> > Common in Himalayas also. C. flexuosa is a more common one here is
> > spreasing in Delhi also.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> *Cardamine hirsuta ?*, an annual weed in disturbed forests.

Vijayasankar

May 18, 2011, 10:09:43 AM5/18/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks Usha ji. I didn't know that this has garlic taste.... I will surely try when I come across with this next time.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Na Bha

May 18, 2011, 10:32:29 AM5/18/11
to Vijayasankar, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Oh, i have plenty of it in my garden and difficult to get rid of. But i think it tastes a bit bitter. Garlic? no, not at least from my garden.
Regards
nalini

May 22, 2011, 11:59:12 AM5/22/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
yes, Alliaria petiolata (syn: Sisymbrium alliaria) germanname: Knoblauchsrauke also occurs in plenty in my garden.
I know and have in my garden three garlic smelling plants in my garden. Knoblauchsrauke (Alliaria petiolata), Schnittlauch (Allium schoenoprasum) and Bärlauch (Allium ursinum).
Shall upload the fotos in separate mails, now that my computer is working again.

Regards
Nalini