Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) taking nector of Helicteres isora

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2010, 10:44:12 AM3/18/10
to efloraofindia
On 30/8/09 in Narsapur forest in Medak district near Hyderabad, A.P. It is very difficult to capture this 'around 10 cm' bird feeding on the trees.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) on Helicteres isora I2 IMG_1379.jpg
Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) on Helicteres isora I2 IMG_1389.jpg
Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) on Helicteres isora I2 IMG_1383.jpg
Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) on Helicteres isora I IMG_1381.jpg
Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile) on Helicteres isora I IMG_1380.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 11:29:00 AM3/20/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
A reply:
"Dear Garg ji,

Beautiful and flowers & bird indeed. Its amazing to know how this  little bird can recognize such exotic plants  as food-plants.

Even the red flowers of the plant look like a miniature of a bird,  a red bird with long neck ? can it be a red ibis, flamingo or a scarlet Ibis.
 I tried to search them in google images :)

TFS / Regards
Raghu"

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 11:31:49 AM3/20/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
Thanks, Raghu ji,
Red flowers certainly look like a miniture of some bird. May be others members can point out the exact bird.

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 11:39:26 AM3/20/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
I think red flowers certainly look like a miniture of red flamingo birds (Phoenicopterus ruber)