potentilla gerardiana from Kashmir - A re-look for P. clarkei

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2010, 12:53:20 PM10/26/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Having uploaded the photographs of Potentilla gerardiana (syn: P. fragarioides) from Kashmir I was had found large stipules of the plant to be unusual.
Now having seen the specimens uploaded by Ritesh ji from Manali region which I think truly belong to P. gerardiana (syn: P. fragarioides; only species with pinnate leaves (not interruptly pinnate) and larger petals reported by Collet in Fl. Simlensis):

 This leads me to rethink about the identity of my plant from Kashmir and am inclined to identify it with Potentilla clarkei, a species reported from Srinagar in FBI (page 351, S. No. 17).
The species is characterised by "Plant stout, with long spreading hairs, stipules large, leafy, lower leaflets smaller, inflorescence stiff with divaricate branches, bracts forming an involucre, petals yellow, obovate, stamens numerous"

I am uploading the photographs again for your valuable comments.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Potentilla-clarkei-Kashmir-e.jpg
Potentilla-clarkei-Kashmir-a.jpg
Potentilla-clarkei-Kashmir-b.jpg
Potentilla-clarkei-Kashmir-c.jpg
Potentilla-clarkei-Kashmir-d.jpg

tanay bose

Oct 26, 2010, 3:29:29 PM10/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
thanks for sharing
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 19, 2021, 7:20:17 AM1/19/21
to efloraofindia
These photographs are already under P. clarkei, so may be deleted here

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 19, 2021, 7:21:33 AM1/19/21
to efloraofindia
These photographs are already under P. clarkei, so may be deleted here and shifted under P. clarkei