Re: Pitcher Plants 2

Neil Soares

Feb 15, 2011, 3:20:33 AM2/15/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Sending a few more photographs.
                            With regards,
                              Neil Soares.

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar
Pitcher plant 7.jpg
Pitcher plant 8.jpg
Pitcher plant 9.jpg
Pitcher plant 10.jpg
Pitcher plant 11.jpg
Pitcher plant 12.jpg
Pitcher plant 13.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 3:52:39 AM2/15/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
I assume we have more than one species here, and second last one doesnt seem like Nepenthes, but some other genus may be.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Neil Soares

Feb 15, 2011, 12:04:15 PM2/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dr. Pankaj,
  The plant in the second last photograph is also a pitcher plant as can be seen from both live and dead pitchers attached to its leaves.
  Encountered different species of Nepenthes during my sojourn in Sabah & Sarawak - the last photograph possibly being of the Rajah Brooke's Pitcher Plant [Nepenthes rajah] - the worlds largest that can hold upto 3.5 litres of water, and am told they were used by locals to steam rice.
                               With regards,
                                 Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 2/15/11, Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 12:14:22 PM2/15/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes sir, it is a pitcher plant, but all pitcher plants are not Nepenthes. I said that it doesnt look like Nepenthes. Pitcher plants can be Nepenthes, Cephalotes or Saracenia. Your second last plant can be Cephalotes. I may be wrong though.
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2011, 1:03:51 PM5/21/11
to efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Neil Soares, Swapna Prabhu, Pudji Widodo, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Pitcher plant 7.jpg
Pitcher plant 8.jpg
Pitcher plant 9.jpg
Pitcher plant 10.jpg
Pitcher plant 11.jpg
Pitcher plant 12.jpg
Pitcher plant 13.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2011, 5:03:25 AM8/27/11
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Pudji Widodo, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Neil Soares, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, rasi...@gmail.com
Dear All,
Its require key to identify...we may see BSI publication for recorded site also.

Dr. Pankaj N. Joshi, Programme Coordinator
sahjeevan
175- Jalaram Society, B/h. Vishwamangal Appt.,
Vijay Nagar, Hospital Road
Bhuj-Kutch, Gujarat: 370001 (India)
Phone: 91 2832 251814, Fax: 91 2832 251914,
Mobile: 9426949523
E-mail: joshi.pn....@gmail.com
Office E-mail: sahj...@gmail.com
Website: www.sahjeevan.org

prasad dash

Aug 27, 2011, 5:16:13 AM8/27/11
to Indiantreepix
Awesome.What a beauty of the nature. I wish to meet them in wild.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Balkar Arya

Aug 27, 2011, 9:25:32 AM8/27/11
to prasad dash, Indiantreepix
Beautiful!!!! never seen in real
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Neil Soares

Aug 27, 2011, 1:12:42 PM8/27/11
to prasad dash, Balkar Arya, Indiantreepix
Thank you Dr.Balkar. This is only Part 2. In case you missed it, Part 1 is available at this link :

                                 Regards,
                                  Neil Soares.

Balkar Arya

Aug 27, 2011, 1:16:43 PM8/27/11
to Neil Soares, prasad dash, Indiantreepix
Thanks Neil Ji for link

JM Garg

Apr 1, 2018, 6:34:42 AM4/1/18
to efloraofindia
Pitcher plant 7.jpg
Pitcher plant 8.jpg
Pitcher plant 9.jpg
Pitcher plant 10.jpg
Pitcher plant 11.jpg
Pitcher plant 12.jpg
Pitcher plant 13.jpg

JM Garg

Apr 1, 2018, 6:35:02 AM4/1/18
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2021, 11:18:39 PM3/18/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2021, 11:19:36 PM3/18/21
to indiantreepix, Neil Soares
Pitcher plant 7.jpg
Pitcher plant 8.jpg
Pitcher plant 9.jpg
Pitcher plant 10.jpg
Pitcher plant 11.jpg
Pitcher plant 12.jpg
Pitcher plant 13.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 19, 2021, 2:47:34 AM3/19/21
to efloraindia, Neil Soares
Can you please post different sp. in separate mail?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju