Fabaceae for id. 150610MK1

Muthu Karthick

Jun 15, 2010, 6:14:49 AM6/15/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please validate this herb. Is this a species of Indigofera or of any Goniogyna spp.?

Date/Time-

01-10-2009 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Sathyamangalam wls; 350 msl; TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Typ

floor of dry thorn forest

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

ca.20 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

linear 2-3cm long

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

globose

No fragrance

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

tanay bose

Jun 15, 2010, 8:21:29 AM6/15/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Are you sure this is from the family Fabaceae!! I don't think so, I can be wrong too
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

R. Vijayasankar

Jun 15, 2010, 10:08:28 PM6/15/10
to indiatreepix, Muthu Karthick
Indigofera linifolia, a prostrate herb with linear leaves, reddish flowers and single-seeded spherical fruits.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Jun 15, 2010, 11:45:17 PM6/15/10
to R. Vijayasankar, indiatreepix, Muthu Karthick
Dear Vjaya Ji,
I was completely unaware if this species of Indigofera !! I hope the fruits are globose pod with solitary seeds please correct me if I am wrong.
Tanay

Muthu Karthick

Jun 18, 2010, 10:52:53 AM6/18/10
to tanay bose, R. Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Thank you very much sir for the id.