Maple Flowers

Nudrat Sayed

Aug 14, 2011, 6:14:16 AM8/14/11
to indiantreepix
Hello All,

Sharing a picture of Maple flowers seen at Shimla.

--
Warm Regards
Sayed Nudrat Zawar

Maple Flowers.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 14, 2011, 6:53:51 AM8/14/11
to Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Not Maple Nudrat ji
It is Platanus orientalis, the Chinar tree

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Aug 14, 2011, 8:30:55 AM8/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Yes Sir There are many Chinar tree in Institute of advanced Studies Summer Hill and on on Mall Road /Ridge ground very near to Gaity Theater in shimla
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 2:28:20 PM8/14/11
to efloraofindia
yes NOT MAPLE FLOWERS ...they are small almost nondescript Green with
thousands of grain of yellow-green pollen that showers down on people,
cars, road tarmac etc... causing tremendous allergic reaction,
conjunctivitis in susceptible folks...
Usha di
===

On Aug 14, 5:30 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Sir There are many Chinar tree in Institute of advanced Studies Summer
> Hill and on on Mall Road /Ridge ground very near to Gaity Theater in shimla
>

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not Maple Nudrat ji
> > It is Platanus orientalis, the Chinar tree
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nudrat Sayed

Aug 15, 2011, 1:45:39 PM8/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for the correction

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 15, 2011, 9:18:11 PM8/15/11
to Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Some thing similar happend with me also when first visited California. I found a common tree on roadsides that looked similar to both maple and Platanus, Not being able to identify it myself due to lack of literature, I sent photographs to Group TAXACOM (I was not member of indiantreepix then) with comments "A tree with leaves like maple and inflorescence like Platanus" it was soon identified as Liquidambar  styraciflua.