260811/Giby/Piper trichostachyon

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 26, 2011, 2:06:58 AM8/26/11
to indiantreepix

Male and female flowers of Piper trichostachyon (Miq.) C. DC. of Piperaceae family.

@
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby/2966540176/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby/2966540186/in/photostream

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 26, 2011, 4:24:26 AM8/26/11
to indiantreepix
Sorry that I didn't mention the place and time of the picture.

This species was collected from the mid elevations (300-800m) of Kudremukh National Park while doing my PhD field work in 2006. Sorry, I don't remember the month, I will get the date from field notes and will share the same.
These two picture were among my first few snaps when I got my first digital camera.

Regards
Giby

Ushadi micromini

Aug 26, 2011, 7:33:18 AM8/26/11
to efloraofindia
Giby:

nice pics...
its easy to get the dates etc on FLickr...
just above your picture is a button called more action....
open m ore action, then click on EXIF data...
I did this for you for the first picture....
copy pasted what is between the stars....

your first picture was ***Taken on February 17, 2007 at 1.45pm
IST ***
and *** Posted to Flickr October 22, 2008 at 11.32PM PDT ***

Alternately, in your picture files in My documents or wherever you
file your pictures... right click, get the properties and you'll get
the dates taken, and dates you transferred to the hard drive or the
storage devise...
no need to hunt for field note... in hundreds of notebooks its
difficult... ask me.... unless one files them by the dates... and
always keeps them in pristine sequence....

THIS IS WHY I think Digital photography is all that its cracked up to
be....

Usha di
===

On Aug 26, 1:24 pm, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry that I didn't mention the place and time of the picture.
>
> This species was collected from the mid elevations (300-800m) of Kudremukh
> National Park while doing my PhD field work in 2006. Sorry, I don't remember
> the month, I will get the date from field notes and will share the same.
> These two picture were among my first few snaps when I got my first digital
> camera.
>
> Regards
> Giby
>
> On 26 August 2011 11:36, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Male and female flowers of *Piper* *trichostachyon* (Miq.) C. DC. of
> > Piperaceae family.
> > @
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby/2966540176/in/photostream
>
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby/2966540186/in/photostream
>
> > Regards
> > Giby
>
> > --
> > GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> > Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> > Royal Enclave,
> > Jakkur Post, Srirampura
> > Bangalore- 560064
> > India
> > Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
> > visit my pictures @http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 26, 2011, 7:53:45 AM8/26/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Ushadi Ji for the information and timely help. I had to search for the picture among my back ups (which is too large) and I didnt know that we get the information from already uploaded pictures.

When ever I show this picture while taking classes/talk to students I use to ask "can you guess what it is" So far I haven't got the right answer! When I reply that this is a flower. I could feel the doubt in their mind then when I explain about different flowers (with the aid of pictures), I could feel that they are in a magical world. Their picture on flowers gets diversified from Rosa (and few others depending upon individuals) to endless colors and shapes.

Thanks and Regards,

JM Garg

May 26, 2020, 6:50:42 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 6:54:09 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia
Can it also be Piper dravidii Lekhak, Kambale et S. R. Yadav as per A new Piper from the northern Western Ghats and notes on economic potential of Piper section Muldera : Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 61(6) May 2014 ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 7:36:58 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji.