Dieffenbachia Indonesia

Pudji Widodo

Nov 25, 2010, 5:23:56 AM11/25/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I would like to know the name of my Araceae.  Is it Dieffenbachia what?  Herbaceous plant, 1 m tall, midrib raised on both surfaces. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi
Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
Purwokerto 53122
INDONESIA

dIEFFENBACKIA.JPG

promila chaturvedi

Nov 25, 2010, 6:21:43 AM11/25/10
to Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Mr. Pudji Widodo,this plant is Dieffenbeckia for sure. But I am unable to specify the var.with regards,
Promila

tanay bose

Nov 25, 2010, 8:44:28 AM11/25/10
to promila chaturvedi, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes commonly known as "Dumb cane" regarded as one of the most toxic plant in the world
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 25, 2010, 2:21:53 PM11/25/10
to promila chaturvedi, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
does look like Dieffenbachia
may be Dieffenbachia oerstedii but not sure...
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology