efloraofindia:''For Id 30092011MR16’’ Attractive Sap green leavesPune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 30, 2011, 12:38:55 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia

   Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb

Height/Length- 1/2 -1 foot

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Sap green

No flowers or fruits

Regards

Bhagyashri

290920112156.jpg
290920112157.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 12:48:24 AM9/30/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
May be  Colocasia antiquorum
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Sep 30, 2011, 1:10:58 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes Colocasia antiquorum
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pudji Widodo

Sep 30, 2011, 8:34:20 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia
Can it be Alocasia? Because the leaves look too strong for Colocasia?

Pudji Widodo

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 8:54:03 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia
Why not Caladium.
This doesnt look like Colocasia...
Pankaj

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 30, 2011, 9:01:06 AM9/30/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I agree with Pankaj Caladium sp. is my choice as well.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Madhuri Raut

Oct 1, 2011, 7:35:55 AM10/1/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji,Tanayji,Pankajji and Gibyji
Regards
Bhagyashri

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2012, 7:57:31 AM2/15/12
to efloraofindia, Smilax004, Pudji Widodo, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tanay bose, ajinkya gadave, Balkar Arya, Madhuri Raut
Alocasia Frydek as per another thread:
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1800 members & 1,06,000 messages on 31/1/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

290920112156.jpg
290920112157.jpg