Flora of Andaman4-261210-PKA3

Prashant awale

Dec 26, 2010, 9:45:12 AM12/26/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this small Herb at Andamans. Flowers were tiny in size and appearance wise i felt it could be from Acanthaceae Family. Kindly have a look at these enclosed photos. I could spot this herb only at two places in Bartang region.

Date/Time: 22-12-2010 / 10:00AM
Location: Baratang near Limes stone cave and also near Mud Volcano site, Andaman & Nicobar.
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Herb ( 10 to 30cm)
Flowers were very small in size.

regards
Prashant
IMG_2749.jpg
IMG_2752.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2884.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg

Prashant awale

Jan 4, 2011, 12:25:49 AM1/4/11
to indiantreepix, sivanth...@rediffmail.com
Resurfacing again for ID.
regards
Prashant

IMG_2749.jpg
IMG_2752.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2884.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 24, 2011, 5:29:49 AM1/24/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, TANAY BOSE, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

May 5, 2011, 3:03:09 AM5/5/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Pudji Widodo, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, sivanth...@rediffmail.com

May 5, 2011, 7:20:40 AM5/5/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Pudji Widodo, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, sivanth...@rediffmail.com
A wild guess..!!
Could this be a Gesneriaceae member??
Probably Didymocarpus species??
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 1, 2011, 9:53:00 AM6/1/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, manudev madhavan
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Manudev ji.........................................Could this be a Gesneriaceae member??
Probably Didymocarpus species??

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
..

Sep 3, 2011, 8:20:00 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, pud...@yahoo.com, rasi...@gmail.com, rautn...@gmail.com, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, manudev madhavan, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“A wild guess..!!

Could this be a Gesneriaceae member??
Probably Didymocarpus species??” from Manudev ji.

Jul 24, 2015, 4:27:15 AM7/24/15
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale

Jul 27, 2015, 6:14:19 AM7/27/15
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Thanks, Jayanthi ji.

Jul 27, 2015, 6:20:36 AM7/27/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jayant...@gmail.com
Thanks Jayanthi ji.

I think you are one of the author of the paper "  Codonacanthus sanjappae sp. nov. (Acanthaceae) from Andaman and
Nicobar Islands, India"...

Thanks Jayanthi ji once again..
Regards
Prashant