Flora picture of the year 2010 - Padmini Raghavan.

Padmini Raghavan

Dec 30, 2010, 2:40:19 PM12/30/10
to indiantreepix
Hi All,
  I have subequently found the name, Tristellateia australasiae, for the bright yellow flowers with the red stamens, which I am submitting as my choice of Flora for the Year
 It has been a difficult business, this choosing; every other flower seemed to be staking its claim for my favour.
I first saw the Vining Galphimia at Dr. Mahadeshwaraswamy's residence in Chennai and admired the profusion of flowers next to his front door.
  Since I have not seen another such creeper in Chennai, I was thrilled when the specimen which I had bought in Bangalore actually produced some blooms.
(Most of my Bangalore acquisitions don't like our Chennai weather.)

 The climber is also called "Shower of Gold Climber" and "Vining Milkweed".

A Peaceful, Healthy and Happy 2011 to all!
Regards,
Padmini Raghavan.
Something-stellateasia australasia in our garden 007.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 31, 2010, 5:22:15 AM12/31/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
This is really beautiful.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Dec 31, 2010, 6:26:19 AM12/31/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Thanks, Padmini ji.
A really nice picture.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 31, 2010, 1:10:57 PM12/31/10
to J.M. Garg, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Really nice, thanks for sharing

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor