The 17th Tree Appreciation Walk on 28th August2011 at 7.30 am at Heritage Garden of Hiranandani.Powai

Usha Desai

Aug 23, 2011, 5:21:28 AM8/23/11
to Indian Tree Pix

Dear Friends,

As you are aware, we are a group of nature lovers who have been conducting Tree Appreciation Walks in Mumbai for last one year.  Our aim is to create awareness and inculcate a love for the trees.  You are most welcome to join us for our next walk in Heritage Garden in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai.

This time we are taking you to the amazing world of Palms.......Hiranadani Gardens have record number of Palms, brought from all over the world and planted with lot of care. We are covering one of the garden, known as Heritage Garden and will be introducing you to about 20 species of Palms with common name as Teddy Bear Palm, Champagne Palm, King Palm, Majestic and Blushing Palm etc.

The 17th walk is on Sunday 28th August, 2011

Venue:  Heritage Garden in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai

Time:  7.30 am

Duration of walk:  2 hours

Driving direction to the garden:

There are 3 municipal gardens in Hiranandani Powai, we are going to take walk in Heritage Garden, unfortunately this name is not mentioned anywhere on the gate of  the garden. It is on Cliff Avenue between Heritage Towers & Verona buildings and opposite Glen Towers. All the three building are quite famous in that area.

From IIT main gate or Andheri (E) stn or Ghatkopar (W) stn Bus 392 i.e. 392 between Andheri (E) stn and Ghatkopar (W) goes via Hirnandani Gardens.

 Rickshaw: from IIT Main Gate to Pizza - Galleria - D'Mart - Heritage Tower bldg which is one side of  our Heritage Garden, next to Verona and opposite Glen Towers on Cliff Avenue.

Attached is the list of the Palms and trees which we shall be showing you.

 Hope to see you all.

Yours Dr Usha, Renee, Rajendra, Shubhada, Hutokshi, Katie

List of Palmsof Hiranandani gardens -[ Heritage]17thTAW.doc

Usha Desai

Aug 23, 2011, 6:13:21 AM8/23/11
to Indian Tree Pix
Friends
please go through Shubhada's photographs of Palms
link is as follows
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/shubhada_nikharge/sets/72157627197602529/
We shall be showing you these palms on sunday28th.
do come Usha