ID the flower at Tawang AP

Dilip Pandit

Dec 2, 2010, 11:49:02 PM12/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
These tiny flowers were sprouting on rocks and gave such a mesmerising effect that it cannot be described in words. I have taken a very close up picture of these flowers. The rocks looked like red carpets from a distance. Taken in October this year on way to Bumla Pass at about 14K feet.

Could you id this flower.
DSC04076.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Dec 3, 2010, 1:16:01 AM12/3/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Dilip ji,

This is Bistorta sp. (Polygonaceae).

Pl post some better photos with leaves for species identification.

regards,
Ritesh.
>  DSC04076.JPG
> 190KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 16, 2010, 7:17:20 PM12/16/10
to efloraofindia, Dilip Pandit, Ritesh Choudhary, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Ritesh ji...........................This is Bistorta sp. (Polygonaceae).

Pl post some better photos with leaves for species identification.
..

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

These tiny flowers were sprouting on rocks and gave such a mesmerising effect that it cannot be described in words. I have taken a very close up picture of these flowers. The rocks looked like red carpets from a distance. Taken in October this year on way to Bumla Pass at about 14K feet.

Could you id this flower.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4450 species on 15/12/10)

DSC04076.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2022, 6:06:13 AM2/19/22
to sadamu...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Maybe Bistorta affinis (D. Don) Greene, as per images and details herein.