Request for ID : 050111 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 5, 2011, 2:11:25 AM1/5/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Muscat, Sultanate of Oman in one of the gardens on the 12th
of November, 2010.
A garden plant in the form of a small bush.
Is it Ficus?
Aarti
P1100535.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 5, 2011, 3:02:33 AM1/5/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
This could be Ficus jacquinifolia
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Jan 5, 2011, 9:05:29 AM1/5/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
 Ficus jacquinifolia
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

JM Garg

Feb 26, 2018, 12:10:53 AM2/26/18
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
For the above link please go through reconsideration for species for me this is not Ficus americana, this should be a cultivated variety of Ficus microcarpa L.f. (Green Island Fig - Variety) a popular bonsai fig variety in South East Asia and now in India.
Kind regards,
Varun
P1100535.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 26, 2018, 1:59:37 AM2/26/18
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
I think you are right.
Although to me it looks more like Ficus microcarpa var. fuyuensis.
I have seen it at Jijamata Udyan in Mumbai too, in their Plant Nursery.

Thanks for the correction.
Regards,
Aarti