Fruits & Vegetables :: european Gooseberry 050111 NB

nabha meghani

Jan 5, 2011, 7:36:51 AM1/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

These berries are called Gooseberries Ribes uva-crispa, syn. R. grossularia  in europe.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gooseberry
They have hard spines and it is not fun plucking the fruits. But the taste is so good, that one ignores the scratches.

Berries taste very very good, also we make jam. and young leaves are used in salad.
The fotos were taken in my garden in Ritterhude in May 2010

Regards
Nalini
Stachelbeeren-100_6507.JPG
Stachelbeeren-100_6506.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 5, 2011, 9:10:46 AM1/5/11
to nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
I believe the berries are consumed upon ripening and not this raw!!
Kindly confirm
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

nabha meghani

Jan 6, 2011, 5:30:16 AM1/6/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes tanay, the berries are consumed when ripe, the color dosn't change much, a bit more yellowish.
Shall try to take more fotos this year.
Nalini