Usha di : Botany self study for non-botanists

Ushadi micromini

Jun 3, 2011, 10:40:39 AM6/3/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All:
I have found it easy to follow what the taxonomists are talking about
when classifying botanical specimen if I know the meaning of the
technical terms...
I am making a slight progress...
I found a visual guide on the net and a glossary....
I find these pages very useful....

this may be botany 101 in 8th grade in junior high school....

http://www.vplants.org/plants/glossary/
http://www.vplants.org/plants/glossary/plate01.html

from the site for A Virtual Herbarium of the Chicago Region
hope folks in the same boat as I am may find the guide useful...

Feedback from members after you use this guide for a few days will be
appreciated.....

AND from the people in the know....
any textbook that's easy to read about BOTANICAL LATIN would be
appreciated....
Thanks

Usha di

Balkar Arya

Jun 3, 2011, 11:31:48 AM6/3/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Usha ji for sharing such a nice link
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat