Flora of Arunachal Pradesh- Namdhapa near Miao- Herb 4 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Dec 26, 2010, 2:16:17 AM12/26/10
to efloraofindia

Wild at Namdhapa near Miao, Arunachal Pradesh in 3rd week of August’10.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb 4 I IMG_2224.jpg
Herb 4 I2 IMG_2222.jpg
Herb 4 I2 IMG_2224.jpg
Herb 4 I IMG_2222.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2010, 11:50:28 PM12/27/10
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
A reply:
"Dear all,
Can this be a species of Lindernia (Scrophulariaceae)? may be L. ciliata
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

Herb 4 I IMG_2224.jpg
Herb 4 I2 IMG_2222.jpg
Herb 4 I2 IMG_2224.jpg
Herb 4 I IMG_2222.jpg

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Dec 28, 2010, 12:46:52 AM12/28/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think Nidhan ji is correct.

Regards,
Ritesh.

J.M. Garg

Dec 28, 2010, 1:02:31 AM12/28/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Nidhan ji & Ritesh ji,
I think it matches with details as per links of Lindernia ciliata (Colsmann) Pennell (Fringed False Pimpernel • Manipuri: কিহোম মান Kihom Man) of  Scrophulariaceae (Dog flower family)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Fringed%20False%20Pimpernel.html (FOI),

manudev madhavan

Dec 28, 2010, 1:54:04 AM12/28/10
to J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

It could be Lindernia antipoda. Flowers here are larger in size.
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Systematic & Floristic Lab,

J.M. Garg

Dec 29, 2010, 12:14:27 AM12/29/10
to manudev madhavan, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

manudev madhavan

Dec 29, 2010, 1:01:38 AM12/29/10
to J.M. Garg, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think the plant is Lindernia antipoda only.

In Lindernia ciliata, leaf blades are sessile or clasping, margins of blades are sharply & deeply serrate, the teeth spreading in to a setaceous tip, Corolla ca 5 mm long.
But in Lindernia antipoda, leaf blades are petioled, elliptic, sharpely serrate, but the teeth not setaceous tipped; Corolla ca 13-15mm long (After, Francis W Pennel, 1943. A second summary of the Scrophulariaceae in New Guinea, Journal of the Arnold Arboretum. 24(3): 250)
Your plant corroborates the characters of L. antipoda.

You may use the following link to download the paper..

With regards

Smilax004

Aug 4, 2011, 3:02:48 AM8/4/11
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, rites...@gmail.com, manudev madhavan

This is not Lindernia ciliata, for sure as Manudev pointed out, L.
ciliata has sessile leaves and corolla is white with pink throat.

I think it is the same species that I had posted few days back

http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/9c92e4f1281d83a1/dda4c0b95e27066a?lnk=gst&q=Lindernia#dda4c0b95e27066a

The leaves of L antipoda is elliptic obovate and is about 2.5cm. Here,
if my assumption is correct, the leaves are more than 3cm long.
Further, the key in The flora of the Tamil Nadu Carnatic (page 1083)
says that calyx margin serrulate in L antipoda
Calyx margin entire for Lindernia ruellioides

I think this is Lindernia ruellioides even the one that posted on
August 2. (The flora of the Tamil Nadu Carnatic (1983), page 1092)

Regards,
Giby

On Dec 26 2010, 12:16 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wild at Namdhapa near Miao, Arunachal Pradesh in 3rd week of August’10.
> --
> With regards,

> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &

> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.

> please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1475 members &

> 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on
> 30/11/10)
>

>  Herb 4 I IMG_2224.jpg
> 184KViewDownload
>
>  Herb 4 I2 IMG_2222.jpg
> 166KViewDownload
>
>  Herb 4 I2 IMG_2224.jpg
> 179KViewDownload
>
>  Herb 4 I IMG_2222.jpg
> 194KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 5:40:35 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, manudev madhavan, Giby Kuriakose, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary
Resurfacing again for ID earlier feedback

Manudev ji.............................I think the plant is Lindernia antipoda only.
In Lindernia ciliata, leaf blades are sessile or clasping, margins of blades are sharply & deeply serrate, the teeth spreading in to a setaceous tip, Corolla ca 5 mm long.
But in Lindernia antipoda, leaf blades are petioled, elliptic, sharpely serrate, but the teeth not setaceous tipped; Corolla ca 13-15mm long (After, Francis W Pennel, 1943. A second summary of the Scrophulariaceae in New Guinea, Journal of the Arnold Arboretum. 24(3): 250)
Your plant corroborates the characters of L. antipoda.
You may use the following link to download the paper..

This is not Lindernia ciliata, for sure as Manudev pointed out, L.
Giby ji....................
ciliata has sessile leaves and corolla is white with pink throat.
I think it is the same species that I had posted few days back
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/9c92e4f1281d83a1/dda4c0b95e27066a?lnk=gst&q=Lindernia#dda4c0b95e27066a
The leaves of L antipoda is elliptic obovate and is about 2.5cm. Here,
if my assumption is correct, the leaves are more than 3cm long.
Further, the key in The flora of the Tamil Nadu Carnatic (page 1083)
says that calyx margin serrulate in L antipoda
Calyx margin entire for Lindernia ruellioides
I think this is Lindernia ruellioides even the one that posted on
August 2. (The flora of the Tamil Nadu Carnatic (1983), page 1092)
..

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Sep 26, 2011, 5:58:36 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, manudev madhavan, Giby Kuriakose, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary

Lindernia antipoda

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

JM Garg

May 20, 2012, 9:15:27 AM5/20/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Smilax004, manudev madhavan, prasad dash, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, tanay bose
"This is not L. antipoda the leaves in L. antipoda is not so broader, flower is also slightly different.
Further the id in the given link is also not conclusive as the plant given in that thread and my thread (this thread) looks similar.
Thanks and Regards,
Giby"

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2017, 10:11:57 AM10/26/17
to efloraofindia, prasad dash, manudev madhavan
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Herb 4 I IMG_2224.jpg