ID request - 05072011PC3

chitralekha P

Jul 5, 2011, 1:34:24 AM7/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please identify the plant. Branched shrub growing in Delhi, Flowers in May -June. 1-1.5 m high.
Regards,
Chitralekha
020.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Jul 5, 2011, 1:38:38 AM7/5/11
to chitralekha P, indian...@googlegroups.com

 Galfemia glouca

Pinki

Jul 5, 2011, 2:18:58 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
Galphimia gracilis may be its an old name...

Alok
>  020.JPG
> 198KViewDownload
>
>  021.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  022.JPG
> 187KViewDownload

Smilax004

Jul 5, 2011, 2:39:21 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
It is Galphimia glauca (Slender goldshower) of Malpigiaceae family.
Please note the spelling.

http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Slender%20Goldshower.html

Regards
Giby

On Jul 5, 10:38 am, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  *Galfemia glouca*

Chitralekha

Jul 5, 2011, 1:38:28 PM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you Ajinkyaji, Alokji and Gibyji but is it Galphimia glauca or
G. gracilis? Both almost look the same; how do we distinguish?
Regards,
Chitralekha

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 7, 2011, 2:37:59 AM7/7/11
to Chitralekha, efloraofindia
Chitralekha ji

This thread should help you:

Here is my relevant information from that thread

 G. glauca is distinct in having persistent
petals often spreading below the fruit, longer and denser inflorescence,
peduncle much shorter than peduncle (less than 1/2 as long) with bracteoles
borne well below the tip of peduncle (peduncle 1/2 to almost as long as
pedicel in G. gracilis; bracteoles at peduncle tip), shorter claw (1.5-2 mm
in lateral petals, 3-4 in posterior, as against 2-2.5 in lat and 4-5 in
post. petals in G. gracilis) and shorter fruit (2.5 mm long as against 4.5-5
mm in G. gracilis).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Chitralekha

Jul 8, 2011, 11:36:14 AM7/8/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you, Dr. Gurcharan Singhji. It looks like G.gracilis to me but
shall check the plant again and get back with better picutres.
Regards,
Chitralekha