id from Kalatope - al210210a

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 21, 2011, 10:34:01 AM2/21/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
The spring is in the air and soon there will be flowers everywhere... I
hope I have learned a little from the careful advice given by all of you
and can present you with beautiful photographs with adequate data for
the collection (leaves, stems, flowers, petals, sepals, fruits...)
remind me if you ever have time, the details which should be ideally
photographed... in the meanwhile here is one from my old collection

habit: herb
habitat: wild
location: Kalatope sanctuary, chamba
altitude: 2200 mts
time of the year.. April-may

Thanks
with regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

dscn4142a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 21, 2011, 9:42:28 AM3/21/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not very sure but could be Arenaria orbiculata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2011, 4:28:41 AM6/29/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Not very sure but could be Arenaria orbiculata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

dscn4142a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 25, 2015, 5:13:12 AM6/25/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, alokis...@gmail.com
Please reconsider the ID of this species. It is NOT ARENARIA ORBICULATA (CARYOPHYLLACEAE).
Basal leaves in the rosette and flower itself strongly suggest it as ROSULARIA ROSULATA (Edgew) H.Ohba (Crassulaceae).
The post may please be placed at proper place.
DSRawat Pantnagar