ID required RDS 01/08/2011

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 1, 2011, 11:24:28 AM8/1/11
to efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
Hello All,
Scanned all books and resources, unavailable to get IDed this herb of Boraginaceae family, photographed on 31/07/2011 on the foorthills of Tungarli Dam, Rajmachi Forest, Lonavala (Part of Western Ghats), Maharashtra.

for ID (Boraginaceae family).jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 1, 2011, 11:45:30 AM8/1/11
to Rajesh Sachdev, efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
Could this be some Mussaenda sp. (Rubiaceae family)??

Regards
Prashant

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 1, 2011, 11:56:21 AM8/1/11
to Prashant awale, efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs

Smilax004

Aug 1, 2011, 12:19:42 PM8/1/11
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix, Prashant awale

Yes it is Pseudomussaenda flava of Rubiaceae family.
I wonder whether it is in the natural habitat/forest away from
habitation. Is this species plenty there?

http://gcrec.ifas.ufl.edu/pcc/Teaching_Garden/Mussaenda.pdf

Regards,
Giby

>  for ID (Boraginaceae family).jpg
> 49KViewDownload

Mahadeswara

Aug 2, 2011, 8:32:54 AM8/2/11
to efloraofindia
Dwarf Yellow Mussaenda. Pseudomussaenda flava ( syn. Mussaenda
lutea, Mussaenda luteola, Mussaenda glabra, Mussaenda incan)
of Rubiaceae
Origin: Tropical Africa, Asia, and Malaysia
( Refer www. toptropicals.com for more info.)

On Aug 1, 8:24 pm, Rajesh Sachdev <leopard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> Scanned all books and resources, unavailable to get IDed this herb of
> Boraginaceae family, photographed on 31/07/2011 on the foorthills of
> Tungarli Dam, Rajmachi Forest, Lonavala (Part of Western Ghats),
> Maharashtra.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/leopardguy/FlowersPlants#
>
> --
> Regards

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 2, 2011, 9:34:15 AM8/2/11
to efloraindia
Hi Giby,
It was on the way to Rajmachi, near Tungarli dam, which is surrounded by bunglows having private gardens..might have escaped.

Smilax004

Aug 2, 2011, 11:40:16 AM8/2/11
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix

Thank you very much for the additional information.
Would you please keep an eye on whether there are fruit set on this,
if time permits.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby