euphorbia antiquorum

Mohina Macker

Mar 24, 2011, 1:55:29 AM3/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
euphorbia antiquorum
popularly used as a fence
regards
mohina macker
euphorbia antiquorum a.jpg

Vijayasankar

Mar 24, 2011, 12:06:35 PM3/24/11
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
But to me it looks like E. neriifolia. Let's hear from others too.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 24, 2011, 12:16:12 PM3/24/11
to Vijayasankar, Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also had that thinking, though looking slightly different. spines on older branches should help. Does not look like E. antiquorum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mohina Macker

Mar 25, 2011, 2:18:22 AM3/25/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Looked at some images on the net, it does look like nerifolia. Would be happy for a confirmation.

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2011, 3:29:04 AM7/3/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, mohina...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“But to me it looks like E. neriifolia. Let's hear from others too.

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

Yes, I also had that thinking, though looking slightly different. spines on older branches should help. Does not look like E. antiquorum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Looked at some images on the net, it does look like nerifolia. Would be happy for a confirmation.” from Mohina ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

euphorbia antiquorum a.jpg

H S

Jul 3, 2011, 7:14:03 AM7/3/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, mohina...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com
Euphorbia neriifolia

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Usha Desai

Jul 19, 2011, 10:40:10 AM7/19/11
to H S, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, mohina...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com
spirally arranged spines suggest Euphorbia neriifolia
regards Usha

Smilax004

Jul 19, 2011, 12:45:06 PM7/19/11
to Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
I too think that this is Euphorbia neriifolia (Euphorbiaceae family)

Regards
Giby

On Mar 24, 9:06 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But to me it looks like *E. neriifolia*. Let's hear from others too.

> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi

J.M. Garg

Jul 20, 2011, 1:48:42 AM7/20/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, mohina...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com
A reply from Dr. Tapas Chakrabarty:
"Euphorbia neriifolia L. -widely cultivated."

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)