Large Herb for Id from Panipat 120610-1

Balkar Arya

Jun 12, 2010, 12:25:15 PM6/12/10
to indiantreepix
Dear a large Herb for Id from Khukhrana Panipat
it is present everywhere along roadside in many areas of Northern Haryana. Flowers could not find

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

tanay bose

Jun 12, 2010, 2:36:16 PM6/12/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Hopefully a new plant for me..
tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 12, 2010, 9:07:46 PM6/12/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
May be same summer form of Chenopodium album.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jun 12, 2010, 10:59:15 PM6/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Can be Chenopodium album. but I have never seen such a large shrub of this plant !!
Tanay

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2010, 8:25:39 AM6/25/10
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose

Some earlier relevant feedback:

May be same summer form of Chenopodium album.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Can be Chenopodium album. but I have never seen such a large shrub of this plant !!
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Large Herb for ID-1.jpg
Large Herb for ID-2.jpg
Large Herb for ID-3.jpg
Large Herb for ID-4.jpg
Large Herb for ID-5.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2010, 10:30:47 AM9/26/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
may it be a sp of Salsola from Chenopodiaceae

--
Regards

Balkar Arya

Oct 10, 2010, 11:46:52 AM10/10/10
to J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Dear Gurcharan Ji, Garg Ji and all
This mystery finally solved
yes it is Salsola baryosma (=Chenopodium baryosma, Salsola foetida)
During my excursion to Refinery and Thermal area in Panipat i could get its flowers. Attaching here.
Please validate
tn_Salsola baryosma1.JPG
tn_Salsola baryosma1 (1).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 10, 2010, 12:19:32 PM10/10/10
to Balkar Arya, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, tanay bose, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Balkar ji
You may please check the fruiting perianth. It should be be enlarged and distinctly winged in Salsola

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 10, 2010, 12:53:03 PM10/10/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, tanay bose, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Dear Gurcharan Ji
Attaching more cropped photos
1Salsola.JPG
1Salsola1.JPG
1Salsola2.JPG
1Salsola3.JPG

tanay bose

Oct 10, 2010, 1:21:46 PM10/10/10
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Is it Salsola tragus?
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 10, 2010, 2:30:32 PM10/10/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
For me Salsola is rules out. Never heard of any species with woolly growth around perianth.
To me it looks like Bassia sp., most probably Bassia dasyphylla.

Again the fruiting perianth will solve the mystery.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 11, 2010, 10:24:16 AM10/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Dear Gurcharan Ji
This herb was not having any wooly outgrowth as seen in old pics, now it has. I am attaching some photos for clarification in the matter
DSCN7821.JPG
DSCN7820.JPG
DSCN7819.JPG
DSCN7817.JPG
DSCN7816.JPG
DSCN7815.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 11, 2010, 11:58:08 AM10/11/10
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Yes Bassia dasyphylla is my call

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 11, 2010, 8:49:47 PM10/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, chile...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh
Thanks a lot Sir
this plant has not been reported anywhere from haryana till now. salsola baryosma is however reported

Thanks

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2010, 8:35:06 AM10/31/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, tanay bose, Tabish

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Dear Gurcharan Ji
This herb was not having any wooly outgrowth as seen in old pics, now it has. I am attaching some photos for clarification in the matter” from Balkar ji.

“Yes Bassia dasyphylla is my call

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Thanks a lot Sir
this plant has not been reported anywhere from haryana till now. Salsola baryosma is however reported” from Balkar ji.

Dec 17, 2010, 3:40:05 PM12/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, tanay bose, Tabish
Balkar ji
This plant of yours is turning interesting. I chanced upon some photographs of Bassia dasyphylla. The plant is covered with long spreading hairs. As such it ca't be your plant which has almost glabrous stems. The search is on. Leyt us explore further for Chenopodium or Salsola.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Aug 21, 2011, 9:49:23 AM8/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Again this years pics of the same type of plant
IMG_6677Sm.JPG
IMG_6686Sm.JPG
IMG_6687Sm.JPG
IMG_6688Sm.JPG
IMG_6681.jpg
IMG_6684.jpg
IMG_6678Sm.JPG
IMG_6679Sm.JPG
IMG_6680Sm.JPG
IMG_6681Sm.JPG
IMG_6682Sm.JPG
IMG_6683Sm.JPG
IMG_6684Sm.JPG
IMG_6685Sm.JPG

Balkar Arya

Aug 21, 2011, 9:54:06 AM8/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
two more
IMG_6680.jpg
IMG_66811.jpg

Balkar Arya

Aug 21, 2011, 10:04:20 AM8/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 21, 2011, 10:26:41 AM8/21/11
to Balkar Arya, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Please see if you can upload any with fruiting perianth which is often crucial for identification.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Aug 21, 2011, 11:08:41 AM8/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Sir i will try to shot it in the morning again

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 22, 2011, 2:12:03 AM10/22/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Nidhan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

IMG_6677Sm.JPG
IMG_6686Sm.JPG
IMG_6687Sm.JPG
IMG_6688Sm.JPG
IMG_6681.jpg
IMG_6684.jpg
IMG_6678Sm.JPG
IMG_6679Sm.JPG
IMG_6680Sm.JPG
IMG_6681Sm.JPG
IMG_6682Sm.JPG
IMG_6683Sm.JPG
IMG_6684Sm.JPG
IMG_6685Sm.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2016, 7:38:17 AM1/18/16
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, Gurcharan Singh
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images).

IMG_6677Sm.JPG
IMG_6686Sm.JPG
IMG_6687Sm.JPG
IMG_6688Sm.JPG
IMG_6681.jpg
IMG_6684.jpg
IMG_6678Sm.JPG
IMG_6679Sm.JPG
IMG_6680Sm.JPG
IMG_6681Sm.JPG
IMG_6682Sm.JPG
IMG_6683Sm.JPG
IMG_6684Sm.JPG
IMG_6685Sm.JPG

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 5, 2020, 11:27:28 AM12/5/20
to efloraofindia
Mix-up of posts?
Yellow flowering sp. looks like Bassia indica (Wight) A.J.Scott !
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

JM Garg

Dec 15, 2020, 6:51:47 AM12/15/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
1Salsola.JPG
1Salsola1.JPG
1Salsola2.JPG
1Salsola3.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 24, 2021, 12:43:47 AM3/24/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as Salsola imbricata ?
Group discussion at
Saroj ji is right, there is mixeup with another which is distributed as Kochia species ?- Panipat

Gurcharan Singh

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2021, 4:42:31 AM7/2/21
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Forwarding again for Id assistance please

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2021, 6:40:50 AM7/2/21
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Thanks a lot, Alexander ji