ARALIACEAE: Hedera nepalensis K.Koch

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 4:44:03 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Hedera nepalensis K.Koch, Hort. Dendrol.: 284 (1853).

Synonyms:
Hedera helix var. chrysocarpa DC., Prodr. 4: 261 (1830), nom. illeg.
Cissus wallichiana Turcz., Bull. Soc. Imp. Naturalistes Moscou 31(1):
416 (1858).
Hedera helix var. himalaica Hibberd, Fl. World 7: 57 (1864).
Hedera helix var. cinerea Hibberd, Ivy: 71 (1872).
Hedera himalaica (Hibberd) Carrière, Rev. Hort. 62: 164 (1890).
Hedera cinerea (Hibberd) Bean, Trees & Shrubs Brit. Isles: 608 (1912).
Hedera himalaica Tobler, Hedera: 67 (1912), nom. illeg.

Current picture taken at Binoj WLSat aroudn 1600m asl in Uttarakhand.

Regards
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Slide23.JPG

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 4:49:33 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Good Vine!! is it dangerous for walls?
Thanks for sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 4:51:09 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Actually not for walls,but for the layer of cement on the outer wall.
If you have bri9cks then its good or it will fall of with cement one
day :p
This pic was taken in wild.
Pankaj

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 4:56:49 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks Pankaj ji I have seen this on walls also

Prashant awale

Sep 30, 2011, 5:02:51 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks Pankaj ji for the post. I had recently seen this climber at "Dajigham Forest" Srinagar, will post seperately.
Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 7:35:36 AM9/30/11
to Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Prashant ji, Dachhigam, the area of my Ph.D. research.

Hope to see some photographs not clicked by me.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Sep 30, 2011, 7:48:50 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia
flowers of india has pictures by Prashantji from assam..
so was that eatern end of himalyas , in wild
or planted?

Pankaj ji ... love ivy, ...
does this ivy develop fruits?
thanks
usha di

-------

On Sep 30, 2:02 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Pankaj ji for the post. I had recently seen this climber at "Dajigham
> Forest" Srinagar, will post seperately.
> Regards
> Prashant
>

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Pankaj ji I have seen this on walls also
>
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Actually not for walls,but for the layer of cement on the outer wall.
> >> If you have bri9cks then its good or it will fall of with cement one
> >> day :p
> >> This pic was taken in wild.
> >> Pankaj

> >> --
> >> **********************************************************************
> >> "Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"
>
> >> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> >> Conservation Officer
>
> >> Office:
> >> Flora Conservation Department
> >> Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
> >> Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.
>
> >> Residence:
> >> 36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
> >> Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.
>
> >> email: pku...@kbfg.org
> >>        sahanipan...@gmail.com
> >>        pankajsah...@rediffmail.com

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 8:00:08 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia
this is from the western side.
Pankaj

On Sep 30, 7:48 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 8:04:39 AM9/30/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
There was a good discussion on its identity when Prashant ji uploaded this on Flowers of India. Luckily I had seen both Hedera helix (in USA) and Hedera nepalensis (in Kashmir, Simla, Manali, etc.) and we could fix it.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 8:50:20 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia, Pankaj Kumar
Yes I have seen this plant develop fruits in Uttarakhand.
I should have pics some where. I will check and add.