Red coloured Ipomoea

Satish Phadke

Jan 21, 2010, 8:26:50 AM1/21/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Came across this Red Ipomoea flowering in a bungalow garden in Pune today.
Corolla size 7cm Leaf 11cm long and wide.
Requesting for ID
Dr Satish Phadke
DSCN4792s.jpg
DSCN4794s.jpg
DSCN4800s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 21, 2010, 10:16:12 AM1/21/10
to efloraofindia
This climber is supposed to be from Srilanka. It is popularly known as
Ipomoea candyking but it may be a nurseryman's name. I am sure some
one on the group knows the botanical name. Regards,
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  DSCN4792s.jpg
> 95KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN4794s.jpg
> 89KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN4800s.jpg
> 115KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 21, 2010, 10:26:33 AM1/21/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Could be Ipomoea coccinea

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pardeshi S.

Jan 21, 2010, 10:50:18 AM1/21/10
to efloraofindia
Hello all
it is
Stictocardia tiliifolia (Desr.) Hall.f., Bot. Janerb. 18: 159, 1894;
Almeida, Fl. Mah. 3: 347, 2001(S. tilliaefolia); Singh et al, Fl. Mah.
St. 2: 482, 2001(S. tiliaefolia).
occasionally grown in gardens.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jan 21, 8:26 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could be Ipomoea coccinea
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Associate Professor

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com
>

> > wrote:
> > This climber is supposed to be from Srilanka. It is popularly known as
> > Ipomoea candyking but it may be a nurseryman's name. I am sure some
> > one on the group knows the botanical name. Regards,
> > Shrikant Ingalhalikar
>
> > On Jan 21, 6:26 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Came across this Red Ipomoea flowering in a bungalow garden in Pune
> > today.
> > > Corolla size 7cm Leaf 11cm long and wide.
> > > Requesting for ID
> > > Dr Satish Phadke
>
> > >  DSCN4792s.jpg
> > > 95KViewDownload
>
> > >  DSCN4794s.jpg
> > > 89KViewDownload
>
> > >  DSCN4800s.jpg
> > > 115KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 21, 2010, 11:20:47 AM1/21/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Satish ji
Just before I read your mail I had second look at the Flowers. Ipomoea coccinea often named as Quamoclit coccinea has salver shaped flowers, where as this one has funnel shaped flowers. I had reached conclusion of Stictocardia beraviensis, which is supposed to be the name for Cany King Ipomoea, but perhaps you are right, the flowers and leaves seem to match more with S. tiliifolia.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pravin Kawale

Jan 21, 2010, 12:24:32 PM1/21/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Hi,
It is stictocardia tillifolia
Common Eng. name ; Suger candy
Thanks

Pravin
Stictocardia tiliifolia.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 21, 2010, 10:53:57 PM1/21/10
to efloraofindia
Stictocardia is said to be common on sandy shores in Mumbai, Ratnagiri
and Sindhudurg. In my exploration over last 10 yrs I have not seen
this plant in wild. Can anyone guide me to its locality? Rgds
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

JM Garg

Oct 30, 2016, 7:33:47 AM10/30/16
to efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke
Taking it as Stictocardia beraviensis (cultivated) as per images, threads & details therein.
DSCN4792s.jpg
DSCN4794s.jpg
DSCN4800s.jpg

Satish N. Pardeshi

Nov 2, 2016, 4:14:29 AM11/2/16
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke
Hello all
to me it is Strictocardia beraviensis.

regards

satish pardeshi