[efloraofindia:32728] Orchid for ID 20/04/2010 TA1

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 1:42:19 AM4/20/10
to efloraofindia

Dear All,

Can you kindly help me to identify this Orchidaceae member?

Date/Time- November 2010/ 09:00 A.M

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Gangtok

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- cultivated

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-   Herbaceous

Height/Length- 2 ft [approx]

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- as seen in the photo

Inflorescence Type/ Size- as seen in the photo

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- as seen in the photo

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not available.

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc. -  odorless.

Regards

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Orchid for ID 20042010 TA1.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 13, 2010, 10:16:58 PM5/13/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Orchid for ID 20042010 TA1.JPG

Neil Soares

May 13, 2010, 11:19:22 PM5/13/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Tanay,
  This one looks like Thunia alba.
                    Regards,
                      Neil.

tanay bose

May 14, 2010, 12:31:34 AM5/14/10
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Tabish, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh
Dear neil ji,
Thank you Thunia alba seems fine for me thank you for the ID
Regards
Tanay

Navendu

May 15, 2010, 1:36:04 AM5/15/10
to efloraofindia
Not Thunia alba, probably some species of Coelogyne, Pankaj should be
able to tell us more.

navendu

On May 14, 9:31 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear neil ji,
> Thank you Thunia alba seems fine for me thank you for the ID
> Regards
> Tanay
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >   Hi Tanay,
> >   This one looks like Thunia alba.
> >                     Regards,
> >                       Neil.

Navendu

May 15, 2010, 1:42:47 AM5/15/10
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

May 29, 2010, 3:49:26 AM5/29/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, navendu page, Neil Soares, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Matches well with what is called Coelogyne barbata on the net

navendu”

Jul 13, 2010, 4:17:29 PM7/13/10
to efloraofindia
This is Coelogyne barbata for sure...