Ranunculaceae Week: Ranunculus sceleratus from Delhi, Morni hills and Kashmir.

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2011, 3:15:03 AM5/6/11
to efloraofindia
Ranunculus sceleratus L.,  Sp. pl. 1:551. 1753

This another common tall herbaceous plant of wet areas has leaves with narrower segments, smaller flowers and minute smooth achenes forming a compact ovoid head. Photographed from around Tikkar Tal Lake in Morni hills, Wazirabad in Delhi and from Kashmir.

Common names: blister buttercup, celery-leaf buttercup, celery-leaf crowfoot, cursed crowfoot, marsh crowfoot
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-a.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-b.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-c.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-1.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-2.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-3.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-4.jpg
Ranunculus-sceleratus-Tikkar Tal Lake-Morni-1.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 9, 2011, 9:58:36 AM5/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics. I have never seen such long
thalamus in R. sceleratus as seen in fourth image. Or may be it looks
that way in the picture.
Pankaj

On May 6, 12:15 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Ranunculus sceleratus* L.,  Sp. pl. 1:551. 1753
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-a.jpg
> 73KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-b.jpg
> 63KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Kashmir-c.jpg
> 42KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-1.jpg
> 287KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-2.jpg
> 161KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-3.jpg
> 271KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Delhi-4.jpg
> 168KViewDownload
>
>  Ranunculus-sceleratus-Tikkar Tal Lake-Morni-1.jpg
> 118KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

May 9, 2011, 11:15:49 AM5/9/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji

I have seen R. sceleratus growing in Kashmir where they grow medium sized in wet places, the ones along banks of Tikkar tal lake in Morni were on gravely soil and much smaller, but those that grow along margins of ponds and lakes in Delhi grow very tall, sometimes up to 80-90 cm. These are grown in our botanical garden where they fruit very well and show good fruiting especially when watering is withdrawn. This was one such plant.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089