efloraofindia:''For Id 12092011MR1’’ ?kardali Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 12, 2011, 3:32:01 AM9/12/11
to efloraofindia

request for identification

Is this some variant of Kardali in Marathi ? I do not know its english name

Regards

Bhagyashri

110920111687.jpg
110920111688.jpg

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 12, 2011, 4:14:50 AM9/12/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia

It is Canna sp.from Cannaceae

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Pinki

Sep 12, 2011, 5:54:11 AM9/12/11
to efloraofindia
Some Canna from Cannaceae......the colored 'petals' are actually one
lobe of anther the other lobe acts its natural role....

Alok
>  110920111687.jpg
> 368KViewDownload
>
>  110920111688.jpg
> 365KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

Sep 12, 2011, 7:43:36 AM9/12/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
is this canna lily?
regards
Bhagyashri

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 12, 2011, 7:49:54 AM9/12/11
to Madhuri Raut, Pinki, efloraofindia
Yes Madhuri ji, most likely C. indica

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

Sep 12, 2011, 7:53:45 AM9/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pinki, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharanji
Regards
Bhagyashri

anupam sarmah

Sep 12, 2011, 8:25:56 AM9/12/11
to efloraofindia
Canna is one of the most extensively hybridized taxa. Hope detail
investigations done before confirmation of the species.

On Sep 12, 4:53 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Gurcharanji
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Madhuri ji, most likely C. indica
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> is this canna lily?
> >> regards
> >> Bhagyashri

Tanay Bose

Sep 12, 2011, 9:59:29 AM9/12/11
to anupam sarmah, efloraofindia
Looks Like Canna indica
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 12, 2011, 12:17:23 PM9/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, Pinki, efloraofindia
I too think that this would be C. indica.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

hari lal

Sep 13, 2011, 6:37:40 AM9/13/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, Pinki, efloraofindia
Canna  indica nice photograph madhuri jie thanks for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

Sep 13, 2011, 7:38:56 AM9/13/11
to hari lal, Giby Kuriakose, Gurcharan Singh, Pinki, efloraofindia
Thank you Tanayji,Gibyji and Harilalji
Regards
Bhagyashri