131011GK_Osbeckia muralis

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 13, 2011, 9:41:44 AM10/13/11
to indiantreepix
Osbeckia muralis Naudin of Melastomataceae family.
Photographed from Sringeri, Karnataka 3 days back.
Probably the smallest among all Osbeckia spp.
Plant height is hardly 10cm 9sometimes reaches 15cm. Sometimes branched
Flowers are small.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Singh

Oct 13, 2011, 2:16:16 PM10/13/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix
Very Little Osbeckia Giby Ji. thanks for Sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Neil Soares

Oct 13, 2011, 10:57:10 PM10/13/11
to indiantreepix, Giby Kuriakose
Hi Dr. Giby,
     Nice photographs ! These are mine.
                            With regards,
                              Neil Soares.

--- On Thu, 10/13/11, Giby Kuriakose <giby.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
Osbeckia muralis 1.jpg
Osbeckia muralis 2.jpg
Osbeckia muralis 3.jpg
Osbeckia muralis 4.jpg

Mahadeswara

Oct 13, 2011, 11:06:17 PM10/13/11
to efloraofindia
Nice photographs and reporting. Thanks for sharing.

On Oct 13, 6:41 pm, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Osbeckia muralis* Naudin of Melastomataceae family.
> Photographed from Sringeri, Karnataka 3 days back.
> Probably the smallest among all *Osbeckia* spp.
> Plant height is hardly 10cm 9sometimes reaches 15cm. Sometimes branched
> Flowers are small.
>
> Regards
> Giby
>
> --
> GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> Royal Enclave,
> Jakkur Post, Srirampura
> Bangalore- 560064
> India
> Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
> visit my pictures @http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby
>
>  _GIB9077.jpg
> 246KViewDownload
>
>  Osbeckia muralis_.jpg
> 219KViewDownload
>
>  Osbeckia muralis flower bud.jpg
> 159KViewDownload
>
>  Osbeckia muralis flower side view.jpg
> 133KViewDownload
>
>  _GIB9076.jpg
> 128KViewDownload
>
>  _GIB9080.jpg
> 158KViewDownload

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 13, 2011, 11:11:45 PM10/13/11
to efloraofindia
Very strange.
muralis means one that grows on walls. There are on ground :))
Pankaj

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 14, 2011, 1:24:07 AM10/14/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Wow, Pankaj, actually I have seen them growing on ridges along roadsides and forest trek paths where some canopy gap is available.

Regards,
Giby