... best wishes of the festive season

1 view

Dinesh Valke

Nov 3, 2010, 3:18:39 AM11/3/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends ... best wishes of the festive season to all and your families ... Happy Deepavali and Bright Postings !!!!
happy_deepavali.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2010, 4:41:54 AM11/3/10
to efloraofindia
Ok!!! let me guess, this is Ficus religiosa :p....

Wishing you and all your loved ones a very Happy Deepawali!!

Regards
Pankaj

On Nov 3, 12:18 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends ... best wishes of the festive season to all and your families
> ... Happy Deepavali and Bright Postings !!!!
>
>  happy_deepavali.jpg
> 168KViewDownload

tanay bose

Nov 3, 2010, 8:10:47 AM11/3/10
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh Ji
Happy Diwali to you and your family
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Chitralekha

Nov 3, 2010, 9:45:10 AM11/3/10
to efloraofindia
Thank you. Wish you and your family a very happy Diwali too.
I always wondered about the bright colour of young leaves of some
plants. The colour is because of anthocyanin pigment. What could be
the significance of the accumulation of pigment only in the young
leaves of some plants? Surprisingly, the pigment in these leaves is
present in the mesophyll cells whereas in the coloured mature leaves
(Tradescantia) pigments are present in the epidermal layers.

Happy Diwali to everyone.
P.Chitralekha