for id

Mohina Macker

Apr 27, 2011, 2:50:58 AM4/27/11

Apr 27, 2011, 3:46:12 AM4/27/11

Apr 27, 2011, 4:11:27 AM4/27/11
Hi Mohina,
   This is a species of Ixora.
                 Regards,
                   Neil.

--- On Wed, 4/27/11, Mohina Macker <mohina...@gmail.com> wrote:

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 27, 2011, 4:54:06 AM4/27/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Mohina Macker
Neil ji is right. It is Ixora species. In Pavetta the styles are almost as long as the tube.

Fragrant flowers and longer corolla tube suggests Ixora finlaysoniana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mohina Macker

Apr 27, 2011, 6:04:04 AM4/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks for identitification
mohina

H S

Apr 28, 2011, 6:12:00 AM4/28/11
to Mohina Macker, Gurcharan Singh, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Its Ixora parviflora

--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 28, 2011, 6:36:43 AM4/28/11
to H S, Mohina Macker, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ixora parviflora Vahl. as described in FBI is Nom. illeg.) and as such synonym of I. pavetta

Ixora pavetta (I. parviflora Vahl.) has corolla tube only 8-10 mm long, where as in the above plant the corolla tube is longer than 2 cm (compare with about 4-5 mm long lobes), a feature of I. finlaysoniana.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2011, 8:56:02 AM8/12/11
to efloraofindia, mohina...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Neil ji is right. It is Ixora species. In Pavetta the styles are almost as long as the tube.

Fragrant flowers and longer corolla tube suggests Ixora finlaysoniana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Its Ixora parviflora

--