identification no220711sn1

Satish Nikam

Jul 22, 2011, 2:38:20 AM7/22/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Kindly identify this flower.The colour is not true-to-original,it is more light purple.Unfortunately I could not take proper shot as it was raining heavily.Taken at Mulshi,Pune in June11.
thanks
regards
satish nikam
IMG_5723-r.jpg
IMG_5724-r.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jul 22, 2011, 2:48:35 AM7/22/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
i think this is Duranta repens (golden duranta)

Smilax004

Jul 22, 2011, 3:46:19 AM7/22/11
to efloraofindia
I too think that this is Duranta repens. The new name is Duranta
erecta (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-65221
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duranta_erecta)of Verbenaceae family. It
is a garden plant widely cultivated.

Regards,
Giby
>  IMG_5723-r.jpg
> 50KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5724-r.jpg
> 44KViewDownload

Smilax004

Jul 22, 2011, 3:41:55 AM7/22/11
to Satish Nikam, ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
I too think that this is Duranta repens. The new name is Duranta
erecta (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-65221
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duranta_erecta) of Verbenaceae family.
This is a garden plant widely cultivated.

Regards
Giby

On Jul 22, 11:38 am, Satish Nikam <satish_ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  IMG_5723-r.jpg
> 50KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5724-r.jpg
> 44KViewDownload

mchunkat

Jul 22, 2011, 4:27:30 AM7/22/11
to efloraofindia
I also thought it was Duranta erecta. However, theplantlist.org says
there are no valid names in the Duranta genus!? Could Dr. Gurcharan
Singh or Dr. Balkar Singh give their views in the matter. Thanks.
Mohan Chunkath

On Jul 22, 12:41 pm, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too think that this is Duranta repens. The new name is Duranta
> erecta (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-65221http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duranta_erecta) of Verbenaceae family.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 22, 2011, 4:52:06 AM7/22/11
to mchunkat, efloraofindia
Mohan ji
I think you have some confusion. It clears gives Duranta erecta as correct names and D. repens as one of its synonyms.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mohan V. Chunkath

Jul 22, 2011, 5:18:09 AM7/22/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh,
Thanks for the quick response regarding Duranta erecta. I had made the mistake of looking up D. repens, which is not valid.
Regards,
Mohan Chunkath