Herb for id 280510MK1

Muthu Karthick

May 29, 2010, 2:10:40 AM5/29/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Is this a Commelinaceae member?

Date/Time-

01-05-2010 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Mudumalai WLS; 820 msl; TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Typ

Grassland closer to Moist Deciduous forest

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

ca.20 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

10 -18cm long; ca.2cm broad

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

15 - 20cm long scape

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Tepals 3; pink; 1.2 cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

No fragrance

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

tanay bose

May 29, 2010, 7:56:14 AM5/29/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu,
I don't think so it can from a family which is very close to Liliaceae phyllogenetically.
Regrads
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Muthu Karthick

May 31, 2010, 4:12:56 AM5/31/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix

Yes Tanayji,
Most probably allied family of Lillaceae.

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2010, 1:47:34 AM6/14/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, Mayur Nandikar, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I don't think so it can from a family which is very close to Liliaceae phyllogenetically.
Regrads
Tanay”

“Yes Tanayji,
Most probably allied family of Lillaceae.” from Muthu ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

E 051.jpg
E 047.jpg
E 048.jpg
E 049.jpg
E 050.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jun 14, 2010, 4:25:25 AM6/14/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, Mayur Nandikar, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
i think this is Anilaema

mayur nandikar

Jun 14, 2010, 7:18:17 AM6/14/10
to ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Hello,
to all This is probably Murdannia simplex.
--
http://commelinaceae.blogspot.com
http://murdannia.blogspot.com

Regards,
Mayur D. Nandikar
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University, Kolhapur (MS)
India- 416 004

@@@Please consider the environment before printing this email @@@@@

tanay bose

Jun 14, 2010, 9:33:58 AM6/14/10
to mayur nandikar, ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Dear Mayur Ji & Ajinkya Ji

As said by Ajinkya Ji I couldn't find any genus entitled as Anilaema , kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Murdania simplex is a great choice and quite diagnostic to the morphology kindly get a description and illustration from Eflora of China (link provided)
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200027386

Regards
Tanay

mayur nandikar

Jun 14, 2010, 9:50:41 AM6/14/10
to tanay bose, ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Hello,

         As we all know earlier all d Murdannia's are put it under Aneilema but after Bruckner they all got proper identity, Murdannia simplex earlier it was Aneilema sinicum. Now genus Aneilema (with zygomorphic flowers) is restricted to Africa and some new world countries (Faden, 1999). And there is too much complexity in between M. gigantea, M. loriformis and M. simplex.
         Here Ajinkya ji did little mistake in spell of Aneilema.

Thanx

tanay bose

Jun 14, 2010, 9:52:36 AM6/14/10
to mayur nandikar, ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Thanks for the relevant information
Tanay

Muthu Karthick

Oct 16, 2010, 3:20:29 AM10/16/10
to tanay bose, mayur nandikar, ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Dear all, could this herb be Murdannia nuddiflora?

#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 30, 2010, 8:12:06 PM10/30/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Mayur Nandikar, ajinkya gadave
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feed back

Mayur ji....................................to all This is probably Murdannia simplex.
-Tanay....................................................Murdania simplex is a great choice and quite diagnostic to the morphology kindly get a description and illustration from Eflora of China (link provided)
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200027386

Muthu ji................................................ Dear all, could this herb be Murdannia nuddiflora?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Jan 8, 2021, 11:37:49 AM1/8/21
to efloraofindia
Murdannia simplex (Vahl) Brenan FoZ looks good.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2021, 11:45:18 AM1/8/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Muthu Karthick

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2021, 8:22:47 AM8/6/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Murdannia simplex ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2021, 8:23:46 AM8/6/21
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Murdannia simplex ?
Group discussion at

Aug 6, 2021, 9:03:57 AM8/6/21
to efloraindia, Muthu Karthick
Any opinion on my earlier suggestion of : Murdannia simplex (Vahl) Brenan FoZ looks good. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2021, 5:07:03 AM8/15/21
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

With regards,
J.M.Garg
E 051.jpg
E 047.jpg
E 048.jpg
E 049.jpg
E 050.jpg

mayur nandikar

Aug 15, 2021, 5:47:50 AM8/15/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
It is Murdannia loriformis!

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2021, 3:45:02 AM8/16/21
to efloraofindia