Tanacetum haradjanii from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 27, 2010, 11:19:53 PM8/27/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Tanacetum haradjanii from Kashmir, grown in Gardens. Photographed from Hazuribagh Garden on June 16, 2010.

Common name: Silverlace tansy.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-a.jpg
Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-b.jpg
Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 28, 2010, 3:00:44 PM8/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
A new species for me
thanks for posting Sir Ji
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Tabish

Aug 29, 2010, 12:54:56 AM8/29/10
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
The leaves of your plant look different from those in the pictures
in the following:
http://www.pepiniere-arc-en-fleurs.com/popup.php?id=49
http://lejardindenteoulet.kazeo.com/Vivaces-du-jardin/Tanacetum-haradjanii,a752757.html
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/6137/
- Tabish
>  Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-a.jpg
> 396KViewDownload
>
>  Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-b.jpg
> 302KViewDownload
>
>  Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-c.jpg
> 261KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 25, 2010, 11:59:33 PM9/25/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks Tabish ji for doubting the identity of this plant also. It is definitely not T. haradjanii (syn: T. densum var amarum, or var. amanii).
In fact the leaves appear to be pinnate with very short nearly rounded and slightly curved lobes.

Kindly help to resolve the identity of this plant also.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2010, 1:25:15 AM10/22/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, Pravir, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Some earlier relevant feedback:

The leaves of your plant look different from those in the pictures
in the following:

 - Tabish”

“Thanks Tabish ji for doubting the identity of this plant also. It is definitely not T. haradjanii (syn: T. densum var amarum, or var. amanii).

In fact the leaves appear to be pinnate with very short nearly rounded and slightly curved lobes.

Kindly help to resolve the identity of this plant also.

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-a.jpg
Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-b.jpg
Tanacetum-haradjanii-Kashmir-c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2010, 12:54:52 AM11/5/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
It seems I have been able to trace its name finally. I hope this plant is Santolina chamaecyparissus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Tabish

Nov 5, 2010, 1:08:45 AM11/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thats great Gurcharan ji! Persistence pays! :-) Sorry, I was unable to
help you in this.
- Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2010, 1:50:09 AM11/5/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
But you were the trigger for re-look, thanks for that.