Flower for ID (29/06/2011 NSJ-01)

Narendra Joshi

Jun 29, 2011, 8:43:57 AM6/29/11
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
Attaching for identification. Appears to be from Rosaceae family.

Location - Srinagar Gardens - Pari - Mahal (fencing)
Habitat - Wild
Date June 01, 2011

--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Picture 600.jpg
Picture 601.jpg
Picture 602.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 29, 2011, 9:37:58 PM6/29/11
to Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
Rosa moschata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

JM Garg

Dec 22, 2014, 7:09:53 AM12/22/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Rosa moschata
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

Hi, Singh ji,

It is an old post. Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl. I could find only this post on Rosa moschata.

As per The Plant List Ver. 1.1, there are so many species with name as Rosa moschata.

Is it Rosa moschata Herrm. or some other species ?

Picture 600.jpg
Picture 601.jpg
Picture 602.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 31, 2014, 4:48:04 AM12/31/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Rosa moschata
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

Hi, Singh ji,

It is an old post. Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl. I could find only this post on Rosa moschata.

As per The Plant List Ver. 1.1, there are so many species with name as Rosa moschata.

Is it Rosa moschata Herrm. or some other species ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Picture 600.jpg
Picture 601.jpg
Picture 602.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2015, 12:04:09 AM1/11/15
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi
A reply from another thread:
"I think Indian specimens belong to R. brunonii
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Jan 16, 2017, 7:21:56 PM1/16/17
to efloraofindia
This does seem to fit what I understand to be Rosa brunonii (previously known in Kashmir as Rosa moschata).  Given this is
a location where a number of cultivated roses are found one should not automatically assume it is the native/wild R.brunonii.

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2017, 11:11:13 PM1/16/17
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, efloraofindia, Narendra Joshi
Thanks, Chadwell ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).