Malvaceae week :: Thespesia lampas

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2011, 3:44:13 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Thespesia lampas (Cav.) Dalzell & A. Gibson
  • thess-PEE-zee-uh -- from the Greek thespios (marvelous, divine)
    LAM-puhs -- from the Greek lampa (torch)

Thespesia lampas
Nov 30, 2007 at Nagla block of Sanjay Gandhi National Park

commonly known as: African chewing gum, azanza, quarters, snot apple, tree hibiscus, wild hibiscus • Assamese: বন কপাস bon kapas • Bengali: বন কাপাস ban kapas • Gujarati: જંગલી ભિંડો jungli bhindo, જંગલી પારસ પિપળૉ jungli paras piplo • Hindi: जंगली भिंडी jangli bhindi, बनकपासी bankapasi • Kannada: ಕಾಡು ಬಿಮ್ಡೆ kaadu binde • Konkani: रान भेंडी raan bhendi • Malayalam: katthurparathi, katupuvarasu • Marathi: जंगली भेंडी jangli bhendi, रान भेंडी raan bhendi • Nepalese: बन कपास ban kapas • Oriya: bilo kapasiva • Sanskrit: वनकर्पास vanakarpasah • Tamil: காட்டுப்பருத்தி kattupparutti • Telugu: అడవి బెండ adavi benda, అడవి ప్రత్తి adavi pratti

Native to: east Africa, Indian sub-continent, Indo-China, Malesia

Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi micromini

Sep 7, 2011, 6:47:11 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
nice, yellow color is different from my pic... it was pink...
thought it has started to fold up for the nite....
usha di
==

On Sep 7, 12:44 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Thespesia lampas * (Cav.) Dalzell & A. Gibson
>
>    - *thess-PEE-zee-uh* -- from the Greek *thespios* (marvelous, divine)
>    *LAM-puhs* -- from the Greek *lampa* (torch)
>
> [image: Thespesia
> lampas]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>

> Nov 30, 2007 at Nagla block of Sanjay Gandhi National Park
>

> *commonly known as*: African chewing gum, azanza, quarters, snot apple, tree
> hibiscus, wild hibiscus • *Assamese*: বন কপাস bon kapas • *Bengali*: বন
> কাপাস ban kapas • *Gujarati*: જંગલી ભિંડો jungli bhindo, જંગલી પારસ પિપળૉ
> jungli paras piplo • *Hindi*: जंगली भिंडी jangli bhindi, बनकपासी bankapasi •
> *Kannada*: ಕಾಡು ಬಿಮ್ಡೆ kaadu binde • *Konkani*: रान भेंडी raan bhendi • *
> Malayalam*: katthurparathi, katupuvarasu • *Marathi*: जंगली भेंडी jangli
> bhendi, रान भेंडी raan bhendi • *Nepalese*: बन कपास ban kapas • *Oriya*:
> bilo kapasiva • *Sanskrit*: वनकर्पास vanakarpasah • *Tamil*: காட்டுப்பருத்தி
> kattupparutti • *Telugu*: అడవి బెండ adavi benda, అడవి ప్రత్తి adavi pratti
>
> *Native to*: east Africa, Indian sub-continent, Indo-China, Malesia
>
>    - [image: Raan Bhendi (Marathi: रान
> भेंडी)]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>...

> Oct 14, 2007 at Kharghar Hills, Navi Mumbai

>    - [image: Bankapasi (Hindi:
> बनकपासी)]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>...

> Sep 16, 2007 at Valley Park, Belapur Hills, Navi Mumbai

>    - [image: Kattupparutti (Tamil:
> காட்டுப்பருத்தி)]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>...

> Sep 5, 2009 at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary

>    - [image: Kaadu Binde (Kannada: ಕಾಡು
> ಬಿಮ್ಡೆ)]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>...

> Dec 18, 2009 at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary

>    - [image: Raan Bhendi (Konkani: रान
> भेंडी)]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdi...>...

> Sep 5, 2009 at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary

>    - ... more views:
>    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Thespesialampas&w=91314344%40N00&m=tags
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh

Neil Soares

Sep 7, 2011, 9:17:09 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Hi,
 Photographed at my farm last weekend. My previous photographs are available at this link :

                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 9/7/11, Ushadi micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 1.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 2.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 3.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 4.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 5.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 6.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 7.jpg
Common Grass Yellow on Common Mallow 8.jpg

ushadi Micromini

Sep 7, 2011, 11:59:05 AM9/7/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Hello,

Wonderfully persistent butterfly...
yellow again... added slight green... mine was pink petals... may be variations?

Good to see you here, I was wondering where were you during this week?

Usha
------