efloraindia: 200911 BRS36

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 20, 2011, 6:18:04 AM9/20/11
to efloraofindia
If any one attempted the propagation of F. krishane, I shall be happy to have the details.
I have tried through cuttings, but not succesful. After going through some literature I found that this sp. can be propagated through seeds only.

Photos are avialable in the following link.

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 20, 2011, 6:38:36 AM9/20/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Efloraindia
We have a very long thread of F. Krishni existing on eflora site. Rather that was atopic of discussion then.
I don't know how to find old threads, and may not get time to search. Pl go through it. It explains about propagation too.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy <brsp...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:48:04 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:82406] efloraindia: 200911 BRS36

Balkar Arya

Sep 21, 2011, 6:05:49 AM9/21/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Efloraindia
After searching i could not find any such thread mentioning propagation. Two related threads

[efloraofindia:64104] Ficus krishnae

[efloraofindia:57518] 201210-PR -For ID-Chennai.

you can see these on group site itself
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 6:13:11 AM9/21/11
to Balkar Arya, formp...@yahoo.com, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Efloraindia
Try air layering for Ficus propagation.

We had success with most of the Ficus species around us in Kerala.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD