SYMBIOSIS

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 27, 2011, 9:53:43 AM6/27/11
Dear Friend,
One of the Antidesma species thrives at this place.Quite a number of birds like the fruits of this tree.Attaching an image of Jungle Babbler bird on the fruits of Antidesma.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Symbiosis 42.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 1, 2011, 10:08:38 AM7/1/11
Dear Friend,
                   This is the time for all Passion Flowers.We have got three types of Passion Flowers in our garden at cooch behar.Passiflora caerulea,Passiflora quadrangularis and Passiflora holosericea all are in bloom now.Bees are very fond of the flowers of Passiflora holosericea.I have seen Sunbirds on all the three Passion Flowers mentioned.Attaching an image in which female of a Purple Sunbird is on the flower of Pasiflora caerulea.
Symbiosis 43.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 2, 2011, 10:05:30 AM7/2/11

Dear Friend,
                        This is the time for BAKUL.This flower is known as MAULSARI in hindi and the scientific name is Mimusops elengi.This year I have recorded six species of butterflies on this flower.One of them is Grey Pansy.I have recorded Grey Pansy on 39 different species of flowers so far.Attaching an image of Grey pansy butterfly on Mimusops elengi.
Symbiosis 44.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 5, 2011, 10:41:44 AM7/5/11

Dear friend,
                  Attachind two imges on SYMBIOSIS.
                 ( a ) Tailed Jay butterfly on Murraya exotica (KAMINI ).I have recorded  Tailed Jay on 21 flowers and 24 butterfly species on Murraya exotica.
                ( b ) Redspot Jezebel on Callistemon viminalis ( BOTTLE BRUSH ).I have recorded Redspot Jezebel on 24 flowers and 11 butterfly species on Callistemon viminalis.
Symbiosis 45.jpg
Symbiosis 46.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jul 6, 2011, 9:44:37 AM7/6/11
Dear Friend,
                      Attaching an image of Common Grassyellow butterfly on the flower of Spilanthes Sp.I have recorded Common Grassyellow butterfly on 22 different flowers and 18 different butterflies on Splanthes flower.
Symbiosis 47.jpg

JM Garg

May 31, 2019, 12:00:15 AM5/31/19
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar
Passiflora 'Soi Fah' as per images and references herein.
Symbiosis 43.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2019, 9:44:07 PM5/31/19
to efloraofindia