Flowers of Helicteres isora from Guragon

Pravir Deshmukh

Jul 28, 2011, 1:46:24 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com
Dear Members

There is some problem in flowers one flower bluish and other is red. Is that a common thing in Helicteres isora

Recorded From: Gurgaon
Flw: July 2011

With Regards

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

Neil Soares

Jul 28, 2011, 3:05:58 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com, Pravir Deshmukh
Hi,
 Ater pollination the flower changes colour from red to purplish-blue. Please refer to the archives of this group for our previous discussion on this.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

Giby Kuriakose

Jul 28, 2011, 7:14:07 AM7/28/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Dear all

Please find a current science paper (Current Science 2000 Vol. 78 No. 6 pp. 713-718) on pollination ecology of H.isora. It details about the change in color of the flowers.
I am sorry as I couldn't attach the same because of the size of the file. Even after making it small it was more than 5 MB that I couldn't upload.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,
Jakkur Post, Srirampura
Bangalore- 560064
India
Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)

Smilax004

Jul 28, 2011, 7:16:19 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares
Some problem with the link that I had given in my previous mail.
Please visit the following link

http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/mar252000/researchcommunications.pdf

Regards
Giby

On Jul 28, 4:14 pm, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Please find a current science paper (Current
> Science<http://www.cabdirect.org/search.html?q=do%3A%22Current+Science%22>
> 2000
> Vol. 78 No. 6 pp. 713-718) on pollination ecology of H.isora. It details
> about the change in color of the flowers.
> I am sorry as I couldn't attach the same because of the size of the file.
> Even after making it small it was more than 5 MB that I couldn't upload.
>
> Regards,
> Giby
>
> --
> GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> Royal Enclave,
> Jakkur Post, Srirampura
> Bangalore- 560064
> India
> Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
> visit my pictures @http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby

Ushadi micromini

Jul 28, 2011, 11:26:09 PM7/28/11
to efloraofindia

Link Giby gave is a nice paper on Anthropolgy of agriculture,
but is on page 713 pf this rather large pdf.

Thanks giby..

Usha di
=======

Pravir Deshmukh

Jul 29, 2011, 1:59:56 AM7/29/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all thanks for such a valuable information.

Pravir