efloraofindia. ID 290811 BRS 10

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Aug 29, 2011, 3:22:41 AM8/29/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. confirm the id. of the attached photo.
Is it  glow vine Saritaea magnifica ?

Place: Anaikatti.
Date: 27.08.2011
Alt: 630 MSL
Botanical Garden, planted as an ornamental climber (almost 4 years old)
.

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

Almando like.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 29, 2011, 12:29:41 PM8/29/11
to efloraofindia
This may be Bignonia incarnata. Regards, Shrrikant

On Aug 29, 12:22 pm, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
<brspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pl. confirm the id. of the attached photo.
> *Is it  glow vine Saritaea magnifica ?*
> **
> *Place: Anaikatti.*
> *Date: 27.08.2011*
> *Alt: 630 MSL*
> *Botanical Garden, planted as an ornamental climber (almost 4 years old)*
> *.*
> **
> Thanks
>
> B. Rathinasabapathy
> Project Co-ordinator
> Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
> 1388, Avinashi Road
> Peelamedu
> Coimbatore-641004
>
> <http://mail.google.com/subscribe.mhtml>
>
>  Almando like.jpg
> 124KViewDownload

ajinkya gadave

Aug 29, 2011, 11:22:25 PM8/29/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
arrabidaea magnifica

Mohan V. Chunkath

Aug 29, 2011, 11:48:35 PM8/29/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Rathinasabapathy ji for the lovely photograph and to Shrikant ji and Ajinkya ji for the ID.
Regards,
Mohan

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Aug 30, 2011, 1:33:31 AM8/30/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all for the species identification.
--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

stock vector : tree

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 30, 2011, 2:14:20 AM8/30/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, indian...@googlegroups.com, ajinkya gadave, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Yes I agree with Ajinkya Ji it is Arrabidaea magnifica. The new name of this plant is Bignonia magnifica W.Bull of Bignoniaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD