Flora of panipat- Lamiaceae herb for id-15072011-002

Balkar Arya

Jul 15, 2011, 11:08:50 AM7/15/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
pls id this lamiaceae herb. Photo taken from a bank of a water channel/canal 0n 20-09-2010

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
DSCN0010Sm.JPG
DSCN0011Sm.JPG
DSCN0013Sm.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 15, 2011, 11:37:57 AM7/15/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
I hope Dicliptera primuloides

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Jul 15, 2011, 12:07:54 PM7/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
A few more pics
tn_DSCN4128.JPG
tn_DSCN4129.JPG
tn_DSCN4130.JPG
tn_DSCN4131.JPG
tn_DSCN4134.JPG
tn_DSCN4135.JPG
tn_DSCN4136.JPG
tn_DSCN4137.JPG

Vijayasankar

Jul 15, 2011, 12:46:27 PM7/15/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Gurcharan ji,

Could it by any chance be Anisomeles indica? I may be wrong, though.
http://www.indianaturewatch.net/displayimage.php?id=127398

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Smilax004

Jul 15, 2011, 1:49:27 PM7/15/11
to efloraofindia

I agree with Vijayasankar. This is Anisomeles indica (Lamiaceae)

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 15, 9:46 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gurcharan ji,
>
> Could it by any chance be Anisomeles indica? I may be wrong, though.http://www.indianaturewatch.net/displayimage.php?id=127398
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A few more pics
>
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I hope Dicliptera primuloides
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Jul 15, 2011, 2:04:32 PM7/15/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Anisomeles indica indeed a weedy plant in Bengal
we had this plant in our taxonomy class during the
bachelor's degree.
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Jul 15, 2011, 7:48:00 PM7/15/11
to tanay bose, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks Gurcharan Ji, Giby ji Vijasankar Ji and Tanay for id

Nayan Singh

Jul 15, 2011, 11:44:24 PM7/15/11
to Vijayasankar, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
to me also, it looks like Anisomeles indica
Thanks and regards
nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
Jul 16, 2011, 9:02:51 AM7/16/11
to Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Nayan ji for confirmation

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 16, 2011, 10:37:39 AM7/16/11
to Balkar Arya, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
Thanks all. That means I will now have to be careful for any plant that looks similar to Dicliptera in appearance.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Jul 16, 2011, 10:40:28 AM7/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
You are already always careful Sir