Leptopus cordifolius from Kudi J & K and Mussoorie Chakrata Road near Baratkhai

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 29, 2011, 11:13:30 PM9/29/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish

Leptopus cordifolius Decne., Voy. Inde 4: 155, 1844

Andrachne cordifolia (Decne.) Müll.Arg.Andrachne decaisneana Baill.; Arachne cordifolia (Decne.) Pojark.

Family Phyllanthaceae

A small shrub with slender branches; leaves alternate, long petiolate, ovate oblong, 2-6 cm long, upper surface glabrous, lower thinly hairy; flowers 4-6 mm across, pale green on long pedicels; male in clusters of 2-6, female solitary; male flower with calyx 5-parted, petals 5, disc 10-toothed, stamens 5 surrounding rudimentary ovary; female flower with calyx as in male enlarging in fruit, petals minute reduced to glands, disc as flesh rim around base of ovary; styles 3, each deeply divided into 2; capsule globose 5-6 mm across, 6-valved, 6-seeded.

Photographed from Kud J & K  on 22 August and Mussoorie Chakrata Road near Baratkhai on 16 September

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Andrachne-cordifolia-Mussoorie Chakrata Road near BaratKhai-1.jpg
Andrachne-cordifolia-Mussoorie Chakrata Road near BaratKhai-2.jpg
Andrachne-cordifolia-Mussoorie Chakrata Road near BaratKhai-3.jpg
Andrachne-cordifolia-Kud-J & K-1.jpg
Andrachne-cordifolia-Kud-J & K-2.jpg
Andrachne-cordifolia-Kud-J & K-3.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 12:02:27 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Nice Catch! Thanks Sir
I will upload mine soon
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Nidhan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 6:29:57 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Yes Sir,

Andrachne cordifolia, I have found this plant from Morni Hills also. Here I am uploading mine pics from the same site, Chakrata-Bairatkhai road.
Thanks for uploading.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

andrachne cordifolia.JPG
andrachne cordifolia (1).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (2).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (3).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (4).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (5).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (6).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (7).JPG
andrachne cordifolia (8).JPG

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 9:12:02 AM9/30/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Beautiful Catch Nidhan Ji

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 10:38:21 AM9/30/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Here are mine but from near Tiger Fall
Pls validate
Leptopus cordifolius (1).JPG
Leptopus cordifolius (2).JPG
Leptopus cordifolius (3).JPG
Leptopus cordifolius (4).JPG
Leptopus cordifolius (5).JPG
Leptopus cordifolius (6).JPG

Madhuri Raut

Sep 30, 2011, 11:06:16 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
This is only the second flower I have seen as green (one is hirwa Sonchapha). Very beautiful
Regards
Bhagyashri