efloraofindia:''For Id 26092011MR6’’ ?Sida Cordifolia Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 9:34:02 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia

  Request for identification ? Sida Cordifolia

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Erect herb

Height/Length- about 1 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

Inflorescence Type/ Size- yellow I have waited the whole day for the buds to bloom but they half opened only

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-  yellow buds

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-green and then brown

Regards
Bhagyashri
260920112011.jpg
260920112012.jpg
260920112013.jpg
260920112014.jpg
260920112015.jpg
o240920111911.jpg

Tanay Bose

Sep 26, 2011, 9:59:18 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes  Sida cordifolia
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dinesh Valke

Sep 26, 2011, 10:09:47 AM9/26/11
to Tanay Bose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
... would it be rather Malvastrum coromandelianum ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Nayan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 10:20:30 AM9/26/11
to Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
yes it is Malvastrum coromandelianum

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
Sep 26, 2011, 10:44:14 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I will also go with
Malvastrum coromandelianum
You can compare the pictures posted recently by many during the Malvaceae week
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 11:17:05 AM9/26/11
to Satish Phadke, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes Malvastrum coromandelianum
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 12:32:31 PM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I too agree that this is  Malvastrum coromandelianum. In Sida cordifolia the leaves are cordate at the base hence the name cordifolia.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 1:59:19 PM9/26/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you all for Id
@ Gibyji I was thinking about the same and so the query.
Regards
Bhagyashri

hari lal

Sep 27, 2011, 12:00:25 AM9/27/11
to Madhuri Raut, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia

Malvastrum coromandelianum

Family: Malvaceae

Pop. Name: -

Nativity: Trop. America (introduced in India

during 19

th century)

Distribution in India: Throughout

Propagation: Seeds

Fl & Fr:

August – January

5-nerved at base, truncate-obtuse, crenate-serrate, acute. Epicalyx segments 3, shorter than calyx. Petals pale

yellow. Schizocarp 3 x 6 mm, not exceeding calyx. Seed 1 per mericarp, reniform, compressed.

--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Pinki

Sep 27, 2011, 12:43:45 AM9/27/11
to efloraofindia
Malvastrum coromandelianum for me too

Alok
>  260920112011.jpg
> 336KViewDownload
>
>  260920112012.jpg
> 372KViewDownload
>
>  260920112013.jpg
> 505KViewDownload
>
>  260920112014.jpg
> 356KViewDownload
>
>  260920112015.jpg
> 589KViewDownload
>
>  o240920111911.jpg
> 740KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

Sep 27, 2011, 4:14:52 AM9/27/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Thank you all for Id
To my surprise today I found that 1 branch of this plant had different leaves and the other like the one I have posted .There was another plant next to it with all variegated leaves. Can someone explain this
Regards
Bhagyashri
branch with variegated leaves.jpg
branch of same plant with non variegation.jpg
full plant with variegated leaves.jpg