identification no080111sn1

Satish Nikam

Jan 7, 2011, 11:42:01 PM1/7/11
to Indiantrees Pics
sir,
    this grass has been identified as Themeda triandra. kindly confirm.taken at my farm in mulshi, pune
date/time:dec10
habitat:wild
plant habit:grass
height: about 2-3 ft.
leaves:---
inflorescence:---
other info.:---
thanking you
with regards
satish nikam

PS:these images can also be seen at www.flickr.com/photos/wwwssncomphotos

IMG_2993-r.JPG
IMG_3039-r.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2011, 5:26:12 AM4/19/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, Perumal Ravi Chandran, Satish Nikam

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

IMG_2993-r.JPG
IMG_3039-r.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 19, 2011, 6:05:17 AM4/19/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, Perumal Ravi Chandran, Satish Nikam
Themeda could be right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Aug 7, 2011, 8:31:41 AM8/7/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Satish Nikam, Gurcharan Singh

Aug 7, 2011, 9:54:55 AM8/7/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Satish Nikam, Gurcharan Singh
yes it can be Themeda triandra

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

J.M. Garg

Aug 7, 2011, 11:36:28 AM8/7/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Satish Nikam, Gurcharan Singh
A reply:
"The image is not clear to identify at generic level. it does'nt seem to be Themeda?

I dont want to guess
Dr. P. Ravichandran"

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2011, 3:52:47 AM8/8/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Satish Nikam, Gurcharan Singh
A reply:
"It is Themeda for species conformation it require dissection of infloresence
Regards.
--
Dr. Tanveer A. Khan
Dept. of Botany