Identification of a tree at karnala

Vinayak Sharad Kulkarni

Dec 3, 2010, 2:08:59 AM12/3/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I thank all for responding my earlier mails.

Date/Time- 28th August 2010, 16:30:00
Location- Karnala near Mumbai, Maharashtra,
Altitude: Above sea level
Habitat-  Wild
Plant Habit- Tree
Height/Length- Big tree (approx 80ft+)

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- large leaves look like Maple leaves

Inflorescence Type/ Size- no idea

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- not seen

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not seen

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- nil

03 tree at Karnala.JPG
01 tree at Karnala.JPG
02 tree at Karnala.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 16, 2010, 7:19:11 PM12/16/10
to efloraofindia, vinay, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Neil Soares

Dec 16, 2010, 10:25:20 PM12/16/10
to efloraofindia, vinay, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Prof. Singh,
    This is the Bonfire Tree [Firmiana colorata] locally called Bodula / Kaushi.
                        With regards,
                          Neil Soares.