Fwd: please id this mushroom?

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 2:44:34 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh

Forwarding for Id assistance please.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jaysukh parekh <nisu...@yahoo.co.in>
Date: 10 September 2011 08:01
Subject: please id this mushroom?
To: "ark...@wildscreen.org.uk" <ark...@wildscreen.org.uk>, Claire Thompson <claire....@wildscreen.org.uk>, "publicat...@gmail.com" <publicat...@gmail.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

dear friend, if possible please help me to identify this beauty.
is it mushroom?which one?important or common?edible or not?
please reply at your convinency.
thanks
suman

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

_DSC3057 copylr.jpg
_DSC3059lr.jpg
_DSC3060lr.jpg

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 10, 2011, 3:24:04 AM9/10/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh

Tthis is any Ganoderma sp ?

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

prasad dash

Sep 10, 2011, 3:29:40 AM9/10/11
to Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
Looks very close to Ganoderma lucidum

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Satish Chile

Sep 10, 2011, 4:14:24 AM9/10/11
to prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
Yes it is Ganoderma lucidum.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Madhuri Raut

Sep 10, 2011, 6:20:54 AM9/10/11
to Satish Chile, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
Is this Polypore fungii also called bracket fungii. Attaching my pictures
clicked in july
Regards
Bhagyashri
bracket fungus_1.jpg
bracket fungus.jpg

Madhuri Raut

Sep 10, 2011, 6:22:54 AM9/10/11
to Satish Chile, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
The pictures posted by me are from Pune
Regards
Bhagyashri

hari lal

Sep 10, 2011, 7:14:29 AM9/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, Satish Chile, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
very nice photo graph is it poisionous or not
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

Sep 10, 2011, 11:53:48 AM9/10/11
to hari lal, Satish Chile, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
I had posted these pics on Aug 17
Initial identification by Nayanji
is it some sp of Trametes
thanks
Nayan.
tried to search on the net a lot about this. resulted in more confusion. now I think polypore fungii and bracket fungii are different. I request experts should comment on this.
regards
Bhagyashri

Satish Chile

Sep 10, 2011, 12:19:23 PM9/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, hari lal, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
Hello, It is Ganoderma lucidum.without any doubt.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had posted these pics on Aug 17
Initial identification by Nayanji
is it some sermap of Trametes
thanks
Nayan.

Na Bha

Sep 10, 2011, 3:06:14 PM9/10/11
to Satish Chile, Madhuri Raut, hari lal, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
I too think it is Ganoderma lucidum
Germal name glänzender Lackporling. It is always helpful to show the underside of a mushroom for better identification.

Madhuri Raut

Sep 11, 2011, 1:33:42 AM9/11/11
to Na Bha, Satish Chile, hari lal, prasad dash, Prabhu kumar KM, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh
Thank you all for identification
Hari lalji on the net I found this info
Ganoderma lucidum, Reishi or Ling Zhi, a fungus used in oriental medicine.
this is the link to it
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

Sep 11, 2011, 7:32:10 AM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
I am confused ... which is which...
what is the original in what Mr. Garg forwarded...
and what is in the post of Madhuri Raut....
I think answers are mixed in...
this is why perhaps Gargji had originally set up one id per thread...

Thanks

and someone please clarify... as : final ID of top one
Final Id of the second one:

Usha di
======

On Sep 11, 10:33 am, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for identification
> Hari lalji on the net I found this info
> *Ganoderma lucidum*, Reishi or Ling Zhi, a fungus used in oriental medicine.
> this is the link to ithttp://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/mar2005.html
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Na Bha <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >  I too think it is Ganoderma lucidum
> > Germal name glänzender Lackporling. It is always helpful to show the
> > underside of a mushroom for better identification.
>
> > Am 10.09.2011 18:19, schrieb Satish Chile:
>
> > Hello, It is Ganoderma lucidum.without any doubt.
>
> > On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I had posted these pics on Aug 17
> >>  Initial identification by Nayanji
> >> is it some sermap of Trametes
> >> thanks
> >> Nayan.
> >>  tried to search on the net a lot about this. resulted in more confusion.
> >> now I think polypore fungii and bracket fungii are different. I request
> >> experts should comment on this.
> >> regards
> >> Bhagyashri

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2020, 12:01:58 AM5/17/20
to efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh, Suhaib Yatoo
Ganoderma lucidum ?

dear friend, if possible please help me to identify this beauty.
is it mushroom?which one?important or common?edible or not?
please reply at your convinency.
thanks
suman

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

_DSC3057 copylr.jpg
_DSC3059lr.jpg
_DSC3060lr.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 11:24:09 PM5/21/20
to efloraofindia, jaysukh parekh, Suhaib Yatoo