ID request-28102010-PKA1

Prashant awale

Oct 28, 2010, 12:28:54 PM10/28/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Red globuse berries for ID..

Date/Time: 26-09-2010 / 12:30PM

Location: On the way to Hampta Pass near Jofra (Altitude approx. 9500 ft)

Habitat: Wild

regards
Prashant
Red berry-1.jpg
Red berry-3.jpg
Red berry-2.jpg

Vijayasankar

Oct 28, 2010, 12:49:07 PM10/28/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Looks like a Rosaceae member. Could it be Cotoneaster buxifolius? just a wild guess.

Regards

Vijayasankar

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 28, 2010, 6:18:05 PM10/28/10
to Vijayasankar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Cotoneaster microphylla should be a better option at those altitudes. Bright red fruits, dwarf habit and small shining leaves are distinctive.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ritesh Choudhary

Oct 28, 2010, 9:27:25 PM10/28/10
to efloraofindia
Yes! Cotoneaster microphylla from me too.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Oct 29, 7:18 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cotoneaster microphylla should be a better option at those altitudes. Bright
> red fruits, dwarf habit and small shining leaves are distinctive.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Looks like a Rosaceae member. Could it be *Cotoneaster buxifolius*? just a
> > wild guess.
>
> > Regards
>
> > Vijayasankar
>
> > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear Friends,
>
> >> Red globuse berries for ID..
>
> >> Date/Time: 26-09-2010 / 12:30PM
>
> >> Location: On the way to Hampta Pass near Jofra (Altitude approx. 9500 ft)
>
> >> Habitat: Wild
>
> >> regards
> >> Prashant- Hide quoted text -

tanay bose

Oct 28, 2010, 9:47:48 PM10/28/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
thanks to all have seen this plant but had no idea regarding the name.
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 28, 2010, 11:45:35 PM10/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Cotoneaster microphylla
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Prashant awale

Oct 29, 2010, 1:20:41 AM10/29/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
Thanks Dear Pankaj ji, Gurcharan Singh ji, Vijayasankar ji, Tabish ji, Ritesh ji for the ID.

regards
Prashant

JM Garg

Feb 24, 2019, 4:08:34 AM2/24/19
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia
I feel these images are more closer to images and discussions at Cotoneaster thymifolius hort. ex Baker
Red berry-1.jpg
Red berry-3.jpg
Red berry-2.jpg