Physalis for ID : 260711 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 26, 2011, 4:39:46 AM7/26/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Maharashtra Park, Mumbai on 19/9/10.
Tiny plant, growing wild.
Fruits not seen.
Aarti
MNP-DSCN0500.JPG

Smilax004

Jul 26, 2011, 5:50:28 AM7/26/11
to efloraofindia
Physalis minima of solanaceae family. The ripened fruit is edible.
Common English name from Wikipedia is "Pygmy Groundcherry"

Regards,
Giby
>  MNP-DSCN0500.JPG
> 120KViewDownload

Mahadeswara

Jul 26, 2011, 8:18:42 AM7/26/11
to efloraofindia
Physalis minima. A common weed in Mysore.

On Jul 26, 1:39 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  MNP-DSCN0500.JPG
> 120KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 26, 2011, 9:22:09 AM7/26/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Dear friends
Please refer to earlier discussion on this genus. The plants referred to P. minima may belong to P. angulata or P. lagascae (or even P. pruinose). This one should be Physalis angulata. Kindly refer to the useful paper:

The myth of "minima" and "maxima", the species of Physalis in Indian Subcontinent by V S Raju, C S Reddy and K G Rajarao, published in Acta Phytotaxonomica Sinica, 45 (2): 239–245(2007). it is also available online:

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

H S

Jul 27, 2011, 9:51:49 AM7/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
yes even i agree with Singh sir.

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Smilax004

Jul 27, 2011, 2:06:10 PM7/27/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thank you sir for the correction and valuable information including
the publication.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

On Jul 26, 6:22 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends
> Please refer to earlier discussion on this genus. The plants referred to P.
> minima may belong to P. angulata or P. lagascae (or even P. pruinose). This
> one should be Physalis angulata. Kindly refer to the useful paper:
>
> *The myth of "minima" and "maxima", the species of Physalis in Indian
> Subcontinent* by V S Raju, C S Reddy and K G Rajarao, published in Acta
> Phytotaxonomica Sinica, 45 (2): 239–245(2007). it is also available online:
>
> http://www.plantsystematics.com/qikan/manage/wenzhang/aps06141.pdf
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jul 28, 2011, 2:22:06 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia
Nice paper, simplifies understanding the differences, Thanks
Gurucharanji.
Usha di
========

On Jul 26, 6:22 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends
> Please refer to earlier discussion on this genus. The plants referred to P.
> minima may belong to P. angulata or P. lagascae (or even P. pruinose). This
> one should be Physalis angulata. Kindly refer to the useful paper:
>
> *The myth of "minima" and "maxima", the species of Physalis in Indian
> Subcontinent* by V S Raju, C S Reddy and K G Rajarao, published in Acta
> Phytotaxonomica Sinica, 45 (2): 239–245(2007). it is also available online:
>
> http://www.plantsystematics.com/qikan/manage/wenzhang/aps06141.pdf
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 28, 2011, 2:22:08 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Thanks for the correct id.
Regards,
Aarti

JM Garg

Jul 21, 2019, 1:34:45 AM7/21/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, GurcharanSingh, M Swamy
To me also appears close to images at Physalis joe-diasii as per details and images herein.
MNP-DSCN0500.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2019, 1:43:33 AM7/21/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, GurcharanSingh, M Swamy
Correct wording should be:
To me appears close to images at Physalis joe-diasii as per details and images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 21, 2019, 2:04:05 AM7/21/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, M Swamy
Thanks a lot Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti