Beaumotia grandiflora

Satish Chile

Mar 10, 2011, 6:11:46 AM3/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Beaumotia grandiflora

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile
Beaumotia grandiflora.jpg
B.grandiflora.jpg
Bg2.jpg
Bg 1.jpg
Bg 4.jpg

Satish Chile

Mar 29, 2011, 2:33:51 AM3/29/11
to indiantreepix
This photographs of Beaumotia grandiflora I took from Govt. P.G. College Balaghat (M.P.). Some days back I've been to that college for conduct of practical exams. My students working as assistant professors at Balaghat college asked me to id this Liana growing in the garden. I identified this plant as Beaumotia grandiflora. Please validate this.
Beaumotia grandiflora.jpg
B.grandiflora.jpg
Bg2.jpg
Bg 1.jpg
Bg 4.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

Mar 29, 2011, 2:38:04 AM3/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Satish Ji,

Yes from me! Have seen it many times in North East India.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Satish Chile

Mar 29, 2011, 2:39:55 AM3/29/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanx Ritesh ji for validating.

rajank

Mar 29, 2011, 12:17:03 PM3/29/11
to efloraofindia
It is indeed Beumontia grandiflora, family Solanaceae. Trumpet
flowers.Similar type of plant i have seen in VJBU, BYCULLA, (VICTORIA
GARDEN) at Japaneese Garden. It is a huge cliber.

rajank
>  Beaumotia grandiflora.jpg
> 388KViewDownload
>
>  B.grandiflora.jpg
> 325KViewDownload
>
>  Bg2.jpg
> 364KViewDownload
>
>  Bg 1.jpg
> 400KViewDownload
>
>  Bg 4.jpg
> 352KViewDownload

Ritesh Choudhary

Mar 29, 2011, 8:21:54 PM3/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Satishji and Rajan Ji,

Pl correct the typo error: It is indeed "Beaumontia" and belongs to
the family Apocynaceae.

Regards,
Ritesh.

rajank