Philodendron with Orange leaves : 150111 : AK

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 15, 2011, 11:48:03 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia, Pankaj Kumar, tanay bose, Na Bha
Dear Pankaj ji, Tanay, Nalini ji,
Is this the one you are referring to as Philodendron 'Prince of Orange'?
Aarti
P1020031.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 15, 2011, 12:14:31 PM1/15/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Na Bha
Yes mam, this is the one I am talking about. I think both of them are
same. There is slight color variation but that may be due to light
intensity and also the stage of the plant, as in previous pics, leaf
surface were too dry. These are just speculations.
If I am correct in identifying this plant, then here is some reference
to its parentage,

"My present invention comprises a new and distinct cultivar of
Philodendron plant which is the result of crossing a yellow-green
seedling from the breeding line which I have designated 6634-14, with
an unnamed seedling whose parentage includes Philodendron domesticum,
Philodendron erubescens, Philodendron wendlandii and Philodendron
imbe. A selection from this cross was in turn crossed with the species
Philodendron cannifolium to shorten and thicken the petioles and to
give the plant a true rosette growth habit. From this cross a single
seedling was selected for propagation and is the embodiment of this
invention."

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/PP06797.html

But, I cant assure you the reliability of such sites. What attracted
me on this site was the details of the plant and even the patent
certificates which are available online. Otherwise I usually dont
trust such sites.

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

jmgarg1

Apr 28, 2011, 1:00:52 AM4/28/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

P1020031.jpg